Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Microsoft .NET Framework Error on 8.0 software

Microsoft .NET Framework Error on 8.0 software

LutronError.docx

Ever since I upgraded from 7.8 to 8.0, I get the following error in my RadioRA 2 software, which is making it really tough for me to program events. I don't have any problems adding in new devices, or activating/transferring. It's ONLY when I try to program new (or edit existing) timeclock events. As soon as I check off the device that I want to add the timeclock event for, I get this Microsoft .NET framework error, and then when I click continue, it closes out the program completely. I can't figure out after hours of trying how to fix it. Does anybody have any ideas or experience with this problem?

I've attached a Word doc that shows the error than pasted the full error log below it. There's been no changes on my computer (that I'm aware of) and no other programs are having this (or any for that matter) problem. I've tried different things I've searched for on the web, like completely removing the RadioRA 2 software and reinstalling it, removing Microsoft .NET framework and reinstalling it, removing Microsoft Visual C++ and reinstalling it, various virus/malware scans, adjusting some registry entries, etc. I'm lost, and this started happening immediately after I updated to 8.0. Version 7.8 worked flawlessly for me. I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit and my computer is very up to date, processing speed and RAM are on the high end comparatively. Thank you.

I have had the same error on two different jobs. The error has occurred when I'm trying to retrieve / sync home owner edits with my master file. Syncing home owner edits works fine in 7.8, but crashed using 8.0 software.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    howieumd, we have discovered and issue in the 8.0 version of the RadioRA2 software where if you are selected a pico in the programming screen and then go to your time clock programming this error will occur. As a work around, select a different device in the programming screen before going to your time clock programming.

Treason101, If you experience this issue again can you please re-open the project file after you receive this error and create a support to send to in to systemsupport@lutron.com. We would need to look at this support file to determine the cause of this issue that you are receiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    howieumd, we have discovered and issue in the 8.0 version of the RadioRA2 software where if you are selected a pico in the programming screen and then go to your time clock programming this error will occur. As a work around, select a different device in the programming screen before going to your time clock programming.
    That was exactly the issue. The Pico was just always what was already there so I changed it to a different device (repeater) and then went to time clock and it works fine. Thanks!