Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Manual Switch Raise/Lower

Manual Switch Raise/Lower

A customer has installed a x4 manual light switch's and wants them to control certain zones/Circuits, he also wants to Raise/Lower the Circuits/Areas from the switch, the switch is connected to the CCI on the Local Keypad.
    The Switch is a Push-to-Make Non-Latching type.

I have programmed a single circuit to turn On/Off but cant get an Area to turn Off.

The big one is the raise and Lower, i'm guessing this can be done with Conditional but i wouldn't know where to start.

Any help Much Appreciated.

Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyface View Post
    A customer has installed a x4 manual light switch's and wants them to control certain zones/Circuits, he also wants to Raise/Lower the Circuits/Areas from the switch, the switch is connected to the CCI on the Local Keypad.
    The Switch is a Push-to-Make Non-Latching type.

I have programmed a single circuit to turn On/Off but cant get an Area to turn Off.

The big one is the raise and Lower, i'm guessing this can be done with Conditional but i wouldn't know where to start.

Any help Much Appreciated.

Thanks
    donkeyface,

Thank you for the information.

Are you looking to have a single CCI do a toggle and raise/lower? Or are you looking to have one CCI do the toggle and a second CCI to raise/lower?

For the toggle you will need to make a conditional to check to see any of the lights are on before completing an action. You can then either choose to turn a scene on or off.

The second CCI can be set to either a raise/lower. This can be a single scene or master raise/lower. I would recommend a singe scene raise/lower as the master would affect the buttons pushed on the front also. You will need to use a conditional also if you want to be a raise and lower. The conditional would need to track if it was raising/lowering previously and then change the direction.

If you would like a sample file for this programming request then please email a detailed description of the request to hwsupport@lutron.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    donkeyface,

Thank you for the information.

Are you looking to have a single CCI do a toggle and raise/lower? Or are you looking to have one CCI do the toggle and a second CCI to raise/lower?

For the toggle you will need to make a conditional to check to see any of the lights are on before completing an action. You can then either choose to turn a scene on or off.

The second CCI can be set to either a raise/lower. This can be a single scene or master raise/lower. I would recommend a singe scene raise/lower as the master would affect the buttons pushed on the front also. You will need to use a conditional also if you want to be a raise and lower. The conditional would need to track if it was raising/lowering previously and then change the direction.

If you would like a sample file for this programming request then please email a detailed description of the request to hwsupport@lutron.com.
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply,

It's just a single CCI to do a toggle and raise and lower, the switch is a Push-To-Make Non Latching type.

Sample programming would be great but if you could start me off in the right direction i would like to have a go myself, then if all else fails i will email.

Just a couple of questions

1) Do i use any sequences?
    2) Do i use the open side of the CCI?
    3) is it only scenes i can trigger?

Many Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by donkeyface View Post
    Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply,

It's just a single CCI to do a toggle and raise and lower, the switch is a Push-To-Make Non Latching type.

Sample programming would be great but if you could start me off in the right direction i would like to have a go myself, then if all else fails i will email.

Just a couple of questions

1) Do i use any sequences?
    2) Do i use the open side of the CCI?
    3) is it only scenes i can trigger?

Many Thanks
    Hi donkeyface,

Not sure using a single CCI to complete a toggle and raise/lower would work very well. The functionality would always have to work in a particular sequence. For example, On, Raise, Lower, and then Off. This means you will need to press the button 4 times to turn the light On and then Off again.

If you want this functionality then you will need to use variables or sequences to track the last state that was pressed. The Open side will need to stop the action in case it was being raised/lowered.

5. Likes tmill200 liked this post