Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Zigbee Door Locks

Zigbee Door Locks

Any chance Lutron would add support for Zigbee based door locks from Yale or Kwikset to Radio Ra 2?

Quote Originally Posted by therockhr View Post
    Any chance Lutron would add support for Zigbee based door locks from Yale or Kwikset to Radio Ra 2?
    No, the radio technologies are totally different. But RA2 integrates with many 3rd party systems that can control ZigBee or zwave locks.

With that being said, can someone help me figure out how to integrage with Zigbee / Zwave locks.... or at least push me in the right direction (i.e. name a "hub" that would work well??)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chestnuteddie View Post
    With that being said, can someone help me figure out how to integrage with Zigbee / Zwave locks.... or at least push me in the right direction (i.e. name a "hub" that would work well??)

Thanks
    To integrate a door lock you are going to have to go to a full home automation system like Control4, Crestron, Elan, Savant, etc. That is why it would be nice to see it somehow integrated into the Radio RA2 system.

To integrate a door lock you are going to have to go to a full home automation system like Control4, Crestron, Elan, Savant, etc. That is why it would be nice to see it somehow integrated into the Radio RA2 system.
    Is there no way for Lutron and one of those systems to talk to each other through RS232??

- - - Updated - - -

Is there no way for Lutron and one of those systems to talk to each other through RS232??

Quote Originally Posted by chestnuteddie View Post
    Ra2 commands cannot be sent out over RS232 to other devices. therockr's suggestion of third party systems is the only way to integrate non-Lutron devices with the system. You would have to move up to HomeWorks to get RS232 commands out.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols