Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Also Cannot Find Main Repeater

Also Cannot Find Main Repeater

I've just spent the last 5 hours trying to activate my Main Repeater with very little luck. I've read the PDF's on this forum, disabled all firewalls on both my router and computer, disabled all anti-virus programs... The closest I got was a brief connection when the Main Repeater was connected directly to my laptop. When I tried to activate it, the software said the Repeater needed a firmware update. It gets 13% into the process, then gives up stating I need to power cycle the Repeater. I did this about 10 times and gave up. Rebooted my entire network about as many times too in order to ensure all firewalls were off.

I don't know if the problem is my computer that's running Windows 7 Home Premium or if there's something wrong with the Repeater? I've run out of ideas.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    With the issue that you are experiencing we would recomend directly connecting your computer to the main repeater. With this connection you will want to set a static IP address on your computer and on the main repeater. Also disable your wireless network card.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    With the issue that you are experiencing we would recomend directly connecting your computer to the main repeater. With this connection you will want to set a static IP address on your computer and on the main repeater. Also disable your wireless network card.
    Thanks! I did this tonight and it worked like a charm! I was able to activate the Main Repeater, Aux Repeater and about half of my devices. Successfully transferred my program too. Thanks again for the advice!