Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 8.0 Homeowner Keypad (?)

8.0 Homeowner Keypad (?)

Hi Lutron- I'm snooping around 8.0 trying to learn the particulars for HWI keypad integration. Meantime I have found a 'homeowner keypad' and I can't figure out what it's for- what's the purpose of this device?

2. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    I believe for HWI Legacy Support in project settings you need to enable the HWI feature. After that you should be able to change link type on processor to HWI Keypad Link. I believe you will need a hardware interface to actually use HWI keypads.

The homeowner keypad I think is basically an old style phantom keypad. The current phantom keypads will not show up on iPhone app. They are more designed for integration since the buttons are almost infinity on how many one keypad can have. If you want a virtual keypad for the App then you would use a homeowner keypad for that. I haven't tried this yet but I think that might be the case

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    That is correct, the home owner keypads is for the Lutron Home Control+ app. Its purpose is for the home owner to edit the scenes on the 7 buttons of this keypad. They can also edit the engraving of the keypad as they change scenes.

5. Likes sblunden liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    That is correct, the home owner keypads is for the Lutron Home Control+ app. Its purpose is for the home owner to edit the scenes on the 7 buttons of this keypad. They can also edit the engraving of the keypad as they change scenes.
    Thanks Armando-
    It looks like it is always 7 buttons- you can't make it less than 7, and you can't change button #7 to raise and lower. Does the homeowner edit function follow the current scene editing protocol that we're using now with 'regular' keypads?

7. Thanks RA2-Designer-Gal thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    I believe for HWI Legacy Support in project settings you need to enable the HWI feature. After that you should be able to change link type on processor to HWI Keypad Link. I believe you will need a hardware interface to actually use HWI keypads.

The homeowner keypad I think is basically an old style phantom keypad. The current phantom keypads will not show up on iPhone app. They are more designed for integration since the buttons are almost infinity on how many one keypad can have. If you want a virtual keypad for the App then you would use a homeowner keypad for that. I haven't tried this yet but I think that might be the case
    Thanks for the hint on where to find the HWI legacy feature.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You cannot change the button configuration. With the upcoming new version of the app you will be able to add and remove lighting and shading zones to the buttons of this keypad and other keypads.

table top keypads in the virtual app

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    Thanks Armando-
    It looks like it is always 7 buttons- you can't make it less than 7, and you can't change button #7 to raise and lower. Does the homeowner edit function follow the current scene editing protocol that we're using now with 'regular' keypads?
    I always use a non purchased 5 button/10 button/15 button table top remote for the homeowners favorites for quick access on the HOME + app. It gives you an error at the end of activation and transfer as it does not exist in the real world but it surely and certainly shows up and works on the HOME + application. I just make a room called IPAD or ANDROID or for a particular user's name their device like Bill's IPAD as the name the room that you put the device in. THis way you can have a custom keypad for each of the users' of the system under their own name that is easily found in the Apps navigation format.

11. Likes sblunden liked this post