Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Homeworks QS Beta 7.2 issues

Homeworks QS Beta 7.2 issues

I'm having an aggravating issue with Beta 7.2, I initially began this project on it, and it works fine until I open the file and start working with it. Here is a list of things I've tried. If anyone has suggestions please let me know

Things I've tried:

- Uninstall with REVO -> Restart -> Turn Off Anti Virus/Firewall -> Download and Install 7.2 again.
    - Tested the file on another computer (Works on other computer)
    - Used NetFramework Repair

The computer I program on is a Lenovo T540p, Core i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. More than enough to run Homeworks QS

Any suggestions would be great!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by keyesguy View Post
    I'm having an aggravating issue with Beta 7.2, I initially began this project on it, and it works fine until I open the file and start working with it. Here is a list of things I've tried. If anyone has suggestions please let me know

Things I've tried:

- Uninstall with REVO -> Restart -> Turn Off Anti Virus/Firewall -> Download and Install 7.2 again.
    - Tested the file on another computer (Works on other computer)
    - Used NetFramework Repair

The computer I program on is a Lenovo T540p, Core i5, 8GB Ram, 256GB SSD. More than enough to run Homeworks QS

Any suggestions would be great!
    We have seen in the past where when specific computers have an issue with the starting the GUI and they see a Windows crash, it has to do with a specific service called the WPF Font Cache 3.0.0.0. Please try the steps below to restart this service as it has worked with dealers having a similar issue in the past. It will not affect the functionality of your computer.

Step1:

• Go to Run and type “services.msc”
    • Look for a service name “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0? and stop it

Step 2:

• Delete the file “FontCache3.0.0.0.dat”.This file is normally placed under the following file path.
      • Windows 7 / Vista - “%windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Loc al”
      • Windows XP – “%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data”

Step 3:

• Restart the machine.

If the problem continues you can disable the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0? service permanently. This will not have any impact to the application behaviour.