Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ra2 8.0

Cool Ra2 8.0

I am hearing the new version will be available nov. 14 2014. Looking forward to seeing the new features.
    I am not as dumb as you look..

Out now on Resi. It sounds like the current mobile apps do not work with it. I cannot confirm this, but it doesn't seem to work over VPN on my iOS device, which it did before.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The RadioRA2 version 8.0 is currently available. The HomeWorks QS version 8.0 will be available on November 14.

The current version of the Lutron Home Control+ app on iOS devices may experience an issue when connecting to a RadioRA2 system that was been upgraded to version 8.0. An update for the Lutron Home Control+ app has been submitted to Apple to resolve this issue. The iTunes approval processes takes 1-5 business days. Once it has been approved it will become available on iTunes and will be version 6.1.

Thanks for the clarification! Good stuff for future release notes.

It is excellent that you participate in this community in dialog not often found with other companies!

This would have been great to know before upgrading to 8.0! My Android Home Control+ App does not even connect after the upgrade.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    The RadioRA2 version 8.0 is currently available. The HomeWorks QS version 8.0 will be available on November 14.

The current version of the Lutron Home Control+ app on iOS devices may experience an issue when connecting to a RadioRA2 system that was been upgraded to version 8.0. An update for the Lutron Home Control+ app has been submitted to Apple to resolve this issue. The iTunes approval processes takes 1-5 business days. Once it has been approved it will become available on iTunes and will be version 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by trx250r87 View Post
    This would have been great to know before upgrading to 8.0! My Android Home Control+ App does not even connect after the upgrade.
    Eric
    Agreed. Feels like Lutron slipped the ball on this one. Were the iOS/Android apps not tested with 8.0 before it was released?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post

1. Is there a way to downgrade the repeater firmware from 8.0 back to 7.8?

2. Has anything changed with the core integration protocol? I have a 3rd party system that connects to the repeater via telnet and issues commands and monitors for state changes. Will any of that be impacted by the new firmware?

This issue with the Lutron Home Control+ app and the 8.0 version of the RadioRA2 software only affects iOS devices. This will not affect Android devices or any integration with the system. If you are experiencing issues with the Lutron Home Control+ app on Android devices or with integrating with the system please contact our technical support at 1-800-523-9466 while you are on site to help assist troubleshoot any issues you are experiencing.

You can use the 7.8 version of the software to transfer a project file in that version to the system. This will downgrade the system to version 7.8.

The 6.1.0 version of the Lutron Home Control+ app has been posted on iTunes to resolve this issue.

I can't get it to connect via VPN under 6.1.0 right now, but perhaps it is an issue on my end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast