Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QSE-IO problems

QSE-IO problems

I have 2 IO on my system. When I try to operate an output by either a keypad button or in the test function on the laptop then either no contacts close, or 2/3 contacts close sometimes on the other IO unit. Tech told me to default the IO units and do a full system update but this did not work. Any ideas?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    You can try a test project, where you only have 1 processor, 1 keypad, and both IOs. Only have those three items wired to the processor. Program the keypad to close and open outputs on the IOs. Default both QSE-IOs by triple-tap-holding-triple-tap-releasing the one button on the QSE-IO, then activating the devices to the processor and doing a full transfer. Does this still have issues? If it does, please create a support file by going to "Help->Support->Create Support File" and emailing it to hwsupport@lutron.com.

If the test does work, only have the keypad and 2 IOs on the link for your original project, default, re-activate, re-transfer and try again. If it works in the original project, re-add the remainder of the link and test again. If there are issues, only add sections of the QS link (different wire runs), as there may be a wiring issue with one or more of them.

I've run into almost the same exact issue. When attempting to trigger a specific output on a specific I/O module, then it triggers outputs 2 and 3. I defaulted the module with no luck. Trying a new module this week. 2 other modules in the project work perfectly.

Having exactly the same problem...what versions are you all using? Im seeing this with version 7.4.0...this fixed with version 8?

Also having the Same issue. When i Control io 1 only 1 toglles on and off. If i Control output 2, both 1 and 2 toggle on and off at Same time. Also with terminal command to Control only 1 output. Also seen on other io module if i Control output 3 then output 2 follows on other io module. Also Same test with terminal. All other io modules are working fine.except these 3. Using version 8

I replaced the I/O module I was having issues with and it resolved the issue.

so my solution on this where we had it on a couple of flats, is that there seems to be a bug there if you change the output allocation and programming around in the software the io doesn't reprogram itself properly with the up to date program and adds it to the previous setting, along with random other relays on other boxes.

if you do a out of box reset (tap tap hold, then triple tap) remove the activation from designer, upload, and then reactivate the io from the software it seems to work on the next upload - then don't touch it and hope it carries on working!! wasted 3 days on site doing this over the last couple of weeks till it settled down.

something definitely not right with these boxes on 7.4, didn't test with 8.1.

8. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post