Just starting to get into shades and I have a HomeWorks QS (Designer) question:
I'm trying to understand shade groups as it relates to control of individual shades
I'm a bit fuzzy on how to configure shades in Designer WRT providing a good user experience from a control point of view. For example, I have a room that has 3 windows (2 windows on 1 wall, the other on a different wall by itself), which will have drapes and 2 doors, which will have honeycomb shades.
Client would like to have control as follows:
- 1 button to close/open all drapes/shades in the room together
- 1 button to close/open the honeycomb shades on the door
- 1 button to close/open each drape (3 of them) individually
- 1 button to close/open the drapes that are on the 2 windows on one wall
- 1 button to close/open the drape on the other wall
So what's the best way to put these in a group? The 2 windows in one group, the other window in it's own group and the doors in a third group? All in one group? Windows in a group with the door in a group? Every shade/drape in it's own group?
Can a shade/drape be in more than one group?
or am I over-thinking this and that a shade group is simply a "wrapper" around a group of shades that can be controlled together?