Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: LED logic feedback from a conditional button

LED logic feedback from a conditional button

I have a QS system. I have a keypad button labeled “Home” that if pressed between sunrise and sunset a daytime scene activates, and if pressed between sunset and sunrise an evening scene is activated. Now comes the question, how do I get the LED button feedback to stay lit when either of those scenes are true but to go out when either of those scenes are broken?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Attached is a sample project file programmed with the application described below.

We programmed the button as a single variable conditional. The variable is names “Timed of Day” and has default state “Day” and other state “Night”. We have a timeclock where at sunrise, it changes the variable to Day. At sunset, a timeclock event changes the variable to Night.

The different states in the button will have a single action. On the Day state, we have lights going to 25%. On the Night state, we have lights going to 75%. The button has Scene LED logic. So if the scene is not true, the LED will be off. But if the scene is true, the LED will be on.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The way I read the question in the original post is not answered in your example Armando, however I am not sure how the variable changing will effect the LED in real time.

For example:

Scene 1 is activated during day state with scene LED logic - LED is on.

Timeclock sets variable time of day to night.

Does the LED on the button above now go out because the state of the lights in day state is no longer true to the button programming in night state?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    That is correct. The LED will go out because the scene is no longer true at the level the lights will be at. As soon as the button is pressed again, the lights will go to 75% and the LED will be back on. If you want this to happen automatically, you can program the timeclock to also make your lights go to the level that the "night" scene would be true at.

5. Likes BradKas liked this post