Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Amazon Alexa or Google Home to Use with Caseta Bridge Pro?

Amazon Alexa or Google Home to Use with Caseta Bridge Pro?

Just installed over 40-Caseta devices. We use Android Phones and have iPads, a MS Surface Pro and a fairly new iPod Touch. We also have a FireTV and FireTV Sticks.

Not having either an Alexa or Google Home device, we're attempting to decide which one we want to utilize with our Caseta Bridge Pro. Would pros/cons point to selecting one competing device over another?

Since you already have Fire Stick and TV, Amazon is the way to go. I'm happy with mine.

Thanks for the input "3D Design". Because of our Amazon related devices (as you mentioned), I was leaning towards Alexa. But before committing further to their ecosystem, I thought I would ask if there was some compelling reason why Google may be a better choice....

I have both and find that my Amazon Echo devices respond to my lighting control commands much more quickly than the Google Home units do. I also find the Google Homes are also a bit too chatty, telling you how many lights they are turning on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJim View Post
    I have both and find that my Amazon Echo devices respond to my lighting control commands much more quickly than the Google Home units do. I also find the Google Homes are also a bit too chatty, telling you how many lights they are turning on and off.
    Thanks for the follow-up TokyoJim, after obtaining (2) Fire HD 8" Tablets at Black Friday prices, I've found Alexa and Caseta to be a very good and useful combination.