Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta control with "Ok Google"

Caseta control with "Ok Google"

Where can I find information on how to setup Google voice commands to control my Caseta dimmer?

Quote Originally Posted by regulatorfix View Post
    Where can I find information on how to setup Google voice commands to control my Caseta dimmer?
    This may be premature, but I am not finding any information on controlling Lutron Caseta Light Switches with Google Home. I currently use a Wink Hub and Tasker to manage my smart devices through my Nexus 6 and Nexus 5x. I would love to hear that Google Home will be able to replace Wink and offer direct control of my smart home. But, in absence of direct control, working with Wink would be a significant capability. The current slate of compatible devices just doesn't cut it. BTW, I can achieve this with Echo, but I just don't want to go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin981 View Post
    This may be premature, but I am not finding any information on controlling Lutron Caseta Light Switches with Google Home. I currently use a Wink Hub and Tasker to manage my smart devices through my Nexus 6 and Nexus 5x. I would love to hear that Google Home will be able to replace Wink and offer direct control of my smart home. But, in absence of direct control, working with Wink would be a significant capability. The current slate of compatible devices just doesn't cut it. BTW, I can achieve this with Echo, but I just don't want to go down that road.
    What kind of information do you want?

Adding the Caseta lights is just linking the Lutron account to Google. Done the same way as any other item in Google. Then, you login to Lutron with the same credentials as the Lutron app.

After that, the switches are exposed in Google Home/Assistant and it can control them.