I’m having issues with the smartbridge controlling my lighting. Here’s the issues:
1. The bridge loses communication with the outside world, i.e. you cannot connect to it from outside of the home network.
When this happens:
a. Connectivity inside the network to the bridge is flaky and devices are slow to respond
b. HomeKit has no issues controlling the devices from inside the home network
b. Other networked systems do not experience issues
c. smart home and schedules do not work.
d. A power cycle corrects the issue
2. Occasionally the system is slow to react, 8 seconds between app button press and switch responding. HomeKit does not experience the lag when controlling the devices. A power cycle solves the issue.
3. Adding new devices works about 50% of the time. I put the bridge into pairing mode, the device slow blinks, I put the device into pairing mode, leds blink, the bridge doesn’t react, I take the bridge out of pairing mode, and the device quits blinking. Device can be right beside bridge and experience this issue.
4. The app sometimes has the state of some switches wrong. Saying the switch is on when it is off or the opposite. Controlling the switch with the app corrects the issue.

Info on the system:
Standard bridge
22 devices on system
Fios interment with actiontec router
No custom network settings

This is the 2nd bridge experiencing issues. The first one worked fine for a few months then started experiencing issues. After three months of dialogue with tech support they replaced it. This one isn’t any better.

First bridge produced corrupted log files so they were of no help to tech support. Not sure if this one does or not. I’ve given up on tech support.

My thoughts are that it’s an issue due to the amount of devices. The bridge isn’t capable of supporting the amount of devices with the processor speed. The issues started when I doubled the size of my system and have been the same with a bridge replacement.

Thoughts or suggestions? I’d love for the system to work as advertised.