Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 System Room lights coming on by themselves

RA2 System Room lights coming on by themselves

Is there a log file that can be extracted from the processor to get information for when lights come on? I've got a client that his office is coming on by itself randomly. Trying to figure out what is causing this, no time clock event, and checked all keypads for any mistakes. Everything is clear.

Had a friend with the same issue. We used the new tool from Lutron and found an event - not one we programmed - was firing and turning bedroom lights on. Repeated the firmware update and it appeared the issue went away the first morning. Second morning it came back. Somehow the .ra2 file was what was corrupted and giving us a few ghosts in the machine.

Log into your myLutron account and head to the download section. System Diagnostic Tool is what you are looking for. Can give a history of the events and button pushes IN PLAIN ENGLISH! You won't have to translate the telnet commands and responses. Just narrow your time frame to when the problem is occurring to see what is actually going on.

Best bet, re-update the firmware. But be ready to duplicate the file from a fresh start and load the file.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue and wondered if you ever figured out what it was. I was also curious as to what switches were turning on. Mine are both Hybrid keypads. H6BRL.I just downloaded the diagnostic tool and will go there next week to figure out what the issue is.

@RTrain- wipe the program from the computer, rebuild the file from scratch, and re-load. Something got dropped in the original download of the software, which would always corrupt a new file and result in the random lights going on.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols