Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS Design request

QS Design request

Lutron QS Software Request- Please use names in the assignment screen. Not only does it make activating devices simpler, it makes service calls much quicker when replacing shade drives. I will no longer group multiple drives into one group as that only makes me scratch my head harder when trying to determine which drive I'm really talking about when replacing a drive. This is true for anything in the assignment screen- wallbox dimmers, keypads, etc. To close out this rant, please come up with a way to either activate a shade power panel, or just remove the error message from the diagnostics screen. It's frustrating to see 'errors' on the QS link when it's just shade power panels that cannot be activated, but still take an ID on the link.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The upcoming 8.0.0 version of HomeWorks QS tentatively scheduled to come out by the end of this month will allow you to see the zone and shade names during the activation process.

As for the shade panels, you do not need to have them in the project as long as you assign and activate the shades in the link. You can also activate the panels by typing in their serial number in the serial # columns during activation.

3. Thanks mcignarella, digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    The upcoming 8.0.0 version of HomeWorks QS tentatively scheduled to come out by the end of this month will allow you to see the zone and shade names during the activation process.

As for the shade panels, you do not need to have them in the project as long as you assign and activate the shades in the link. You can also activate the panels by typing in their serial number in the serial # columns during activation.
    Awesome thanks Armando- the 'activation' tip is very welcome.