Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: unable to find Repeater in 12.1, but able to find in old 6.1 software

unable to find Repeater in 12.1, but able to find in old 6.1 software

Okay, been out of the game for a few years and now back to working the Lutron scene with new company...

So to refresh my learning and to also update my current system I have downloaded the latest essentials software (found a copy of the 6.1 software on my old computer and pretty sure my last update to the system was with 8. something back in 2015 or so)

Anyhow, I am unable to get the repeater to show up in 12 after updating the current IP settings but CAN change and find the repeater when the same steps are taken through the 6.1 software. When I try to update or do anything it stops with an exception and closes the program. I"m not to eager to factory reset the repeater as I do not know if the 12 software will find it as it stands now.

Any ideas as to my issue and a solution would be appreciated.

In the find main repeater dialog box, check the serial number in the drop down box. I've seed odd situations where 2 repeaters are listed. If the wrong repeater is selected the software won't find it and won't tell you there is another one out there.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Thanks Arzee thanked for this post
    Along with what Randy said also upgrade in increments.
    Ver6-7.7-8 ect.
    I have tried big updates like that. Sometimes all goes well and sometimes I end up saying bad words.
    So to avoid the bad words I upgrade on hardwired and little steps.

5. Thanks Arzee thanked for this post
    I was able to log in directly and was able to confirm that the last update software was the 7.8 that may be my issue with the 6.1 software not wanting to fully connect and with the big software upgrade jump that may definitely be my issue. Unfortunately I cannot find my old copy of the 7.8 software in order to do a standard update and then maybe do an incremental software update to the 9. Any idea of where I can get to the older software versions for download? I cannot access anything other than the essentials 12 since updating my log in process for software downloads to the MyLutron vs the old Resi log in site from a few years back.

Later this evening when I get home, I'll see if i have any issues with a direct connection as that may also be an issue.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Arzee View Post
    I was able to log in directly and was able to confirm that the last update software was the 7.8 that may be my issue with the 6.1 software not wanting to fully connect and with the big software upgrade jump that may definitely be my issue. Unfortunately I cannot find my old copy of the 7.8 software in order to do a standard update and then maybe do an incremental software update to the 9. Any idea of where I can get to the older software versions for download? I cannot access anything other than the essentials 12 since updating my log in process for software downloads to the MyLutron vs the old Resi log in site from a few years back.

Later this evening when I get home, I'll see if i have any issues with a direct connection as that may also be an issue.

Thanks again
    Arzee- in order to use the 12.x software, you'll need a myLutron account, unlocked for software download. If you have this, the older versions of the software are available under Legacy Products- select Radio RA2- Software. If you have issues, email me and I have back to 4.somethinguseless.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols