I was setting up a small job last week with just 7 devices and had asked the customer to create an account on her iPad while I was installing the dimmers and once she was done, I plugged in the the caseta bridge to the network, the app found it and said there was a firmware update and started updating. Once the update was done, it asked me to press the button in the back like usual and added it. So far so good.

I went back to finishing installing the dimmers and a half hour later came back to add them but there was a screen on the app telling me that it couldn't go on until I typed in the numbers in the back of the bridge, but then it wouldn't let me type it in either - the keypad would never pop up.

I went back a few screens and all of a sudden it magically was working and asking me to pick the devices and all went on as normal. What happened here? Did it just time out while I was installing the devices?

Also, I'm an Android guy so I'm not familiar with Homekit and other things the app asks me when I first start. Is there a guide to what all that means? It was asking for giving permission for GPS which I said yes but then it was asking to add more things.