Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: ECO System HWQS Product Wish

ECO System HWQS Product Wish

So Lutron, is there any plans to make a small Pow-Pak style interface for HWQS/ECO? Similar to the RMJ-ECO32-DV-B.

This would be very handy if you need to add a few zones of ECO System LED drivers without having to purchase a DIN rail ECO module. HWQS has one for 0-10 volt dimming. An ECO addition would be awesome.

2. Likes randyc, Chris Y. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    So Lutron, is there any plans to make a small Pow-Pak style interface for HWQS/ECO? Similar to the RMJ-ECO32-DV-B.

This would be very handy if you need to add a few zones of ECO System LED drivers without having to purchase a DIN rail ECO module. HWQS has one for 0-10 volt dimming. An ECO addition would be awesome.
    I have asked for this several times. The reason I believe is cost. There is a reason they doubled the price of the ECO module for QS 18 months ago .They figure the value is super high of having ECO so they won't let it go cheap. If they do Im sure they will severely limit the amount of drivers you can assign. I simply want it for being able to use the Hi-Lume Premier L3D0 driver series. We use those drivers on a daily basis for LED strip lighting. It sucks installing a 3 wire QS dimmer every time when the driver comes standard with eco

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    I have asked for this several times. The reason I believe is cost. There is a reason they doubled the price of the ECO module for QS 18 months ago .They figure the value is super high of having ECO so they won't let it go cheap. If they do Im sure they will severely limit the amount of drivers you can assign. I simply want it for being able to use the Hi-Lume Premier L3D0 driver series. We use those drivers on a daily basis for LED strip lighting. It sucks installing a 3 wire QS dimmer every time when the driver comes standard with eco
    The LED driver is my main reason as well. I've never bench-tested it but I believe you get even better dimming results using ECO with these drivers rather than 3-wire. I haven't found another driver from any other manufacturer, using any other protocol (like 0-10 v), that can dim as well as the Lutron drivers. If it's an economic issue with a low-cost RF ECO-device then they should factor in how many LED drivers they could sell.

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    The LED driver is my main reason as well. I've never bench-tested it but I believe you get even better dimming results using ECO with these drivers rather than 3-wire. I haven't found another driver from any other manufacturer, using any other protocol (like 0-10 v), that can dim as well as the Lutron drivers. If it's an economic issue with a low-cost RF ECO-device then they should factor in how many LED drivers they could sell.
    I have the same issue with the Lutron .1% Premier driver 24v. But, eldoLEDs 0-10v drivers dim better than the Lutron ones. They have a constant voltage model that dims over 0-10v control for linear tape LED.