Quote Originally Posted by inviscid View Post
Anyone know of plans to expand the Picos to include the full range of color options available to Maestro?
Not very likely.

Others can correct me if I am wrong, as this may be anecdotal, from class instructor, or actual Lutron contacts, but when you look across the Lutron product family and try to figure out why certain products lack certain features that seem obvious to you or would be beneficial, keep this in mind:

Lutron intentionally keeps the feature set different (limited) between product families to increase the separation/differentiation between the products, along with the availability/channels of distribution.

So you can't apply the normal philosophy of assuming missing functionality will be added over time and that products will be continually enhanced as you see with typical consumer hardware and software.

Realistically, the quickest way to get the features you want (more color choices, more programming options, more module options) is to move up the product family tree.

I don't agree/disagree (but have my opinions), but once you come to this realization, it makes it a lot easier to choose product families and plan an installation based both on what you need now and where you want to grow.

Obviously, the "sweet spot" is RA2 Select because upgrading to full RA2 only requires changing the main repeater and adding a Connect bridge - you can even reuse the RA2 Select wireless repeaters (just did that for an installation).