Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: How long does it take to make an iPad Caseta app??

How long does it take to make an iPad Caseta app??

I asked Lutron back when Caseta was first introduced when will an iPad version come out. I was told they're working in it. Well, its been several months now and my clients still have to twist their head when opening the Caseta app on their wall-mounted iPads. Seriously guys, it's not that complicated! Lutron, please wake up.

Making an application for an iPad isn't quite as simple as porting it from an iPhone / iPod, especially if a manufacture is doing the programming in-house.

I'm confident there have been quite a few inquires regarding this and that an app will be coming out soon - For now, all we can do is hope for the best and submit some constructive suggestions to Lutron for them to review.

3. Likes Kevin P. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerHoffarth View Post
    Making an application for an iPad isn't quite as simple as porting it from an iPhone / iPod, especially if a manufacture is doing the programming in-house.

I'm confident there have been quite a few inquires regarding this and that an app will be coming out soon - For now, all we can do is hope for the best and submit some constructive suggestions to Lutron for them to review.
    Still no iPad optimized app by Lutron. It really should have been put on the priority list but I guess Lutron thinks differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilans1 View Post
    Still no iPad optimized app by Lutron. It really should have been put on the priority list but I guess Lutron thinks differently.
    There has been an ipad app available for several months now. It doesn't show up in the app store but if you go Lutron's website while you are on the ipad click the apple icon and it will download.

Quote Originally Posted by Stan750rr View Post
    There has been an ipad app available for several months now. It doesn't show up in the app store but if you go Lutron's website while you are on the ipad click the apple icon and it will download.
    Do you have a link? I looked everywhere and dont see an apple icon.

Thanks!

I just found the link youre referring to but it takes me to the app I already have installed which is not an iPad optimized version. It will not do landscape mode so if I have an iPad that is horizontally mounted on a wall I have to look at the app sideways. That is what I mean by an iPad optimized app.

I had thought about that after replying. I couldn't find the app in the store and just happened to google it and clicked the icon and it worked.i was happy just having it on the iPad.

The link for anyone looking for it. http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/TheLutronApp.aspx