Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thermostats

Thermostats

Nobody responded, so I am reposting here since I do not have access to to other sections. This is it. So I have a Repeater, a Connect Bridge, and signed up with Lutron so I can see the bridge via the internet. All my switches work great and I haven't had any issues so far. So I now purchased a thermostat and searched the forums high and low for how to activate the thermostat. No luck. It works great, but I cannot connect it to the repeater. I added it to the RA2 software, but it won't activate. I know I have to configure it some how, but I cannot figure it out. What do I do?

888 588 7661 call Lutron Tech Support. They are excellent at this.

The thermostat activates like any other control. Enter activate controls mode and press a button on the touch screen. If it doesn't respond you will need to reset it. It is not a QS device so the procedure is different. You have to stumble through the Honeywell menus and change one of the settings from 1 to 0 (or something like that).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The thermostat activates like any other control. Enter activate controls mode and press a button on the touch screen. If it doesn't respond you will need to reset it. It is not a QS device so the procedure is different. You have to stumble through the Honeywell menus and change one of the settings from 1 to 0 (or something like that).
    That’s what I thought. When I add a thermostat in Ra2, there is no place to put a code to activate. So yes I am confused.

Searching for items - found this (responded on your other thread). The activation process on the PC will start the cycle of devices and you then go to the device (this case the thermostat) and you activate it there. As mentioned, there is no way to do it all from PC.