Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Caseta 4 track ceiling light worked, now 2 lights won't turn off

Caseta 4 track ceiling light worked, now 2 lights won't turn off

Contractor's electrician installed caseta in 4 ceiling track lights. Wall mounted controls. Use lutron app on iPhone and Alexa for voice control. No scenes or other effects added thus far. Also added 1 caseta plug-in to control floor lamp. This morning, 2 track heads on kitchen track won't turn off and middle 2 heads won't turn on either with Alexa, iPhone, pico (which I do not generally use), or wall switch. The 2 lights dim but do not completely turn off. Deleted and reinstalled device on lutron app - no change. Deleted and reinstalled device on Alexa. No change. All other lights work.
    Suggestions?

Do you have any model numbers? If track heads on the same track are behaving differently it would be a wiring issue. Unless you have addressable bulbs in the track heads (like Philips Hue).
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Follow up

Thanks,Randy. Contractor installed and didn’t leave packaging info. I see that I can remove switchplate to get model no. I am not using hue. Electrician had problems getting the kitchen track to turn off at both switches during installation so your wiring comment makes sense. How do I locate an electrician (I live in Chicago) who has experience with Lutron Caseta and can troubleshoot/repair?

go to Lutron.com. Click "where to buy" at the top right. Follow the prompts except select RadioRA 2. Look for the rep in your area. They should be able to recommend a reputable dealer in your area.

The model numbers are on the side of the dimmer which probably involves removing the dimmer from the wall.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

What kind of tracks? Some tracks have track-heads that have an electronic transformer/driver in them. For those, you need an ELV dimmer. Some tracks have a big magnetic transformer and you need either the ELV set to MLV or the Pro dimmer.