Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Fan control and LED compatible Dimmer

Fan control and LED compatible Dimmer

Hello,

We just installed a 3-speed fan with light kit. I am in need of a fan control and led compatible dimmer that does not require 3 wires. I tried MACL-LFQ-WH, but unfortunately it doesn't function with LEDs. Is there a version of this control that is LED compatible? So far, the only think I've been able to find requires 3 wires.
    Thank you.

2. Likes Justin F. liked this post
    The MACL-LFQ is LED compatible but requires a 3rd wire for the light. If you don't have a 3rd, I would see what the fan manufacturer has to offer. You are going to need something with a black box that you can mount in the canopy.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

4. Thanks Justin F. thanked for this post
    Likes Justin F. liked this post

Macl-lfqh-wh

I have the same model dimmer with fan control in one. I have tried different wiring versions and the only one that works to actually get the lights and fan on only works from the light control and not from the fan control. Seems like I am missing a wire as well. Coming From my wall I have one light switch that controls both fan and light then ofcourse I have can and light pull controls on the fan itself. The wiring coming from the original light switch has only 2 black, one red, 2 bare/grounds. The issue I am having is matching it all up to the new dimmer and the only way I have gotten it to work is by connecting both yellow and red wires from the dimmer to one of the black wires from the Wall since the other black is a power wire. But once again the lights and dimmer work but when I turn the dimmer up to full it then powers the fan too.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Hello Vuyanimahluza,
    Unfortunately, it sounds like you do not have enough wires here. The MACL-LFQH-WH requires 2 wires to run in between the wallbox and the fan/light it is intending to control. One wire is dedicated for the fan motor and one that is dedicated for the lighting kit. We have another option for applications that only have 1 wire running in between the wallbox and fan/light, but it is only rated for incandescent and halogen lighting loads. The model number is MA-LFQHW, for more information on this product please see our support site @ http://www.lutron.com/en-US/pages/Su...umber=MA-LFQHW

Hope this info helps!

-JustinF.