Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need Physical Keypad for Geofencing?

Need Physical Keypad for Geofencing?

Noticed this recently.

Not every client wants to utilize the geo fencing capabilities within the connect app. I noticed recently that while setting up the Ra2 system (latest edition bridge) It was not allowing me to select any lights to activate to come on once the users phone enters the area of the bubble per gps. It says no scenes available. Tried a series of things and ran out of time so still no resolution as of yet. My question is, do I need a physical multi button hardwired keypad in order to utilize geofencing? It has been a few months since I last setup this option so i dont remember this issue, I could have swore that I was able to activate single light switches.

Did you try and make scenes on the Main Repeater?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Nope. Fill me in By the way hello neighbor, were in the same city

Quote Originally Posted by Gmgarland46 View Post
    Nope. Fill me in By the way hello neighbor, were in the same city
    in your RA2 programming software go to the Program tab, then scroll down the device location list until you find the location of your main repeater, click on that and then once you see an image of your main repeater the top says Phantom Button, you can click the drop down arrow and select any button number you want, name it and create a scene like any real physical keypad button. Typically these are used for 3rd party integration but maybe it will work for GeoFencing. I've never tried with RA2 so I have no idea. With RA2 you can't do any conditional logic like if(nNight) or if (nDay) so I don't know how useful it could be. Of course if you were using 3rd party integration that didn't have any GeoFencing ability you could then use the RA2 to set a scene and through integration observe that scene being set and then trigger what ever you might want to do and evaluate day or night or other conditions that you can't do with RA2 and then send a command to turn on lights or what ever else you might want done. Most systems could do that from AMX, Crestron, Savant, C4, RTI, etc.

In Danbury, what company?
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Quote Originally Posted by vining View Post
    in your RA2 programming software go to the Program tab, then scroll down the device location list until you find the location of your main repeater, click on that and then once you see an image of your main repeater the top says Phantom Button, you can click the drop down arrow and select any button number you want, name it and create a scene like any real physical keypad button. Typically these are used for 3rd party integration but maybe it will work for GeoFencing. I've never tried with RA2 so I have no idea. With RA2 you can't do any conditional logic like if(nNight) or if (nDay) so I don't know how useful it could be. Of course if you were using 3rd party integration that didn't have any GeoFencing ability you could then use the RA2 to set a scene and through integration observe that scene being set and then trigger what ever you might want to do and evaluate day or night or other conditions that you can't do with RA2 and then send a command to turn on lights or what ever else you might want done. Most systems could do that from AMX, Crestron, Savant, C4, RTI, etc.

In Danbury, what company?
    Ok will try so thanks for the info.

Up until recently I was working for BEC.Was there for 7 years, I Left a few weeks back and am currently at Neves until I find something good. Trying to get my E1 right now as well so a lot of changes

You may not be able to access the scenes from the main repeater. Try adding a keypad into the design as a virtual keypad. You can then program the keypad normally, via software or the app. Just don't activate as you don't really need a physical keypad. Used to have a "Homeowner Keypad" option, but I think it has been removed as features were added to the Connect App.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols