Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Two fatal flaws with Sonos integration – any solutions?

Two fatal flaws with Sonos integration – any solutions?

Hi there: I have a Lutron Homeworks QS system and a LutronConnect Bridge (CONNECT-BDG2-1). I am using the Lutron Connect app to program controlling my Sonos system. I have run into two fatal problems…

1) When a keypad button in programmed to play a Sonosfavorite, it seems to add the songs to the current queue (and in somerandom/shuffle order I don’t understand) instead of replacing the songs in the queuewith the songs from the favorite. The same behavior happens when you “cycle”the favorites via Lutron. This is not how Sonos app behaves when I ask it toplay a new playlist – it replaces the existing songs in the queue (like it should). Is this notpossible with Lutron integration?

2) When I assign raise/lower volume, it only changes the volumeof a specific device/zone and not all devices that are part of the group. Iknow Sonos integration allows for adjusting the group volume – so this has tobe an issue on the Lutron side. At the very least, it should allow the user tochoose whether the intention was to adjust group volume or not.

Has someone found a solution to the above problems? If not, how do you do Lutron-Sonos integration? The aboveproblems make it impossible for me to use this.

Are there other/better solutionsI should look at?

Thanks!

Quote Quote
    Hi there: I have a Lutron Homeworks QS system and a LutronConnect Bridge (CONNECT-BDG2-1). I am using the hireessaywriter.org Lutron Connect app to program controlling my Sonos system. I have run into two fatal problems…

1) When a keypad button in programmed to play a Sonosfavorite, it seems to add the songs to the current queue (and in somerandom/shuffle order I don’t understand) instead of replacing the songs in the queuewith the songs from the favorite. The same behavior happens when you “cycle”the favorites via Lutron. This is not how Sonos app behaves when I ask it toplay a new playlist – it replaces the existing songs in the queue (like it should). Is this notpossible with Lutron integration?

2) When I assign raise/lower volume, it only changes the volumeof a specific device/zone and not all devices that are part of the group. Iknow Sonos integration allows for adjusting the group volume – so this has tobe an issue on the Lutron side. At the very least, it should allow the user tochoose whether the intention was to adjust group volume or not.

Has someone found a solution to the above problems? If not, how do you do Lutron-Sonos integration? The aboveproblems make it impossible for me to use this.

Are there other/better solutionsI should look at?

Thanks!
    Hello

I've used the guide on Lutron - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...s_App_Note.pdf This method makes it possible to find the approximate value of the boundary value problem in the form of an analytic expression which satisfies the linear differential equation
    Last edited by moonkrj; 10-09-2018 at 06:37 AM. Reason: added the guide pdf

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by moonkrj View Post
    Hello

I've used the guide on Lutron - http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...s_App_Note.pdf This method makes it possible to find the approximate value of the boundary value problem in the form of an analytic expression which satisfies the linear differential equation

Yes, Sonos with HWQS is terrible, and the documentation shows it. I've been recommending CasaTunes instead. Folks seem much happier.