Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Software

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for the feedback. We were able to reproduce this with some app notes, and are working with our software to further investigate. When we have more information we will update this post.

Smile Additional Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. We were able to reproduce this with some app notes, and are working with our software to further investigate. When we have more information we will update this post.
    Dear Armando and fellow Lutron teammates,

Thank you for a great product and your dedication to supporting the integration community and providing us with sorted Shared Scenes!

Here are a few more things to note regarding the Application Notes window, note that some points are just adding detail to the posts of others.

• I receive the "Adobe Acrobat Reader is not installed" error when trying to open the Integration Protocol document from the Integration window on Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 (even though it is properly installed and registered for the PDF file association), why not just include the Integration Protocol document in the Application Notes window?
    • I like the Delete All Downloads button, what about a Download All Now button?
    • The file names contain xml codes for special characters, instead consider using the underscore along with some file name format that can be standardized.
      • HWQS_Integration_with_Serial_or_Ethernet.pdf has the order of Product_Topic_Sub-Topic which is easier to read than
      • HWQS_RS-232_Ethernet_Integration_Rev_C.pdf which has a revision indicator which makes it impossible to use the same link if there is an update and yet it is still better than
      • HWQS%2520RS-232%2520Ethernet%2520Integration%2520-%2520Rev%2520C.pdf which is barely legible.

• I receive an error of "PDF version of this Application Note is not available for download." trying to download "Using Category 5 (CAT 5) Wire with Homeworks QS Link Devices".
    • Only these PDFs worked:
      • HomeWorks QS Security Modes and Alarm.com Integration
      • Integrating LaunchPort Sleeve Buttons
      • Using an Auxiliary Power Supply to Power Lutron Clear Connect RF Keypads
      • Using a Lutron Daylight Control Package with RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS
      • Choosing the Right Lutron Thermostat
      • Dimmable LED and CFL Bulb List for RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS
      • How to Retrofit a Wall-Mounted RF seeTouch Keypad Into an Existing Home

• The Integration Report is nice and pretty in its PDF and verbose in its XML format, mostly though, I just need the same simple CSV format that RA2 creates.

Again, many thanks to the dedicated Lutron team for such a great product and kudos on version 8 of the Designer! Please interpret my feedback as enthusiasm for the product.

- Tim Carney

3. Likes Armando B. liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for all the additional feedback, the app notes should be fixed by next week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12