Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: RadioRA2 Refresh?

Question RadioRA2 Refresh?

Any one else surprised not to see any sort of refresh to RadioRA2 at CEDIA today? (http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Company-...r/welcome.aspx)

It think integration of the Connect Bridge into the a new Main Repeater is overdue. I would also like see some of the unique RadioRA2 Select features added to RadioRA2 (i.e. SmartThings integration).

Any rumors on if/when we'll see a refresh?

-Keith

2. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    I don't see the advantage of combining the bridge and main repeater. Now we have a RR2 main repeater, HQS processor and (1) connect bridge. If you combine them you have a RR2 main repeater with bridge, a RR2 main repeater without bridge, a HQS processor with bridge, a HQS processor without bridge and a stand alone connect bridge for existing systems. I do think they need to add some of the integration features in the Caseta bridge. It's just more SKUs with no price savings.

I know they have been working on the myProjects software. It looks cool but still needs some work and it is only available online.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I do think they need to add some of the integration features in the Caseta bridge. It's just more SKUs with no price savings.
    Agreed. Better to leave the repeaters alone, as they serve their purpose well. There's also the installed base out there. So unless there's a real commitment to continuing to carry forward support for the existing repeaters AND some new combined repeater/processor, it would seem wise to leave the repeaters alone and focus on a bridge with more functionality. That and changing out a repeater is non-trivial with regard to how the existing in-wall devices are programmed. Asking customers to suffer a total re-pairing would seem like a pretty bad idea. It's one thing to have a truck roll to add a new device, it's another to have that device also cascade into an all-day affair of resetting and re-pairing switches.

Too bad it was fully silent.

I wouldn't mind a way to buy a code to turn the repeater/bridge into HWQS to get some conditional logic, but Lutron could definitely expand the features further and add more model numbers. A receptacle with built in dimming and Lutron's Receptacle for Dimming Use connectors or a new version of a softswitch that can dim would be cool.