Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: PD-6ANS 3-way mechanical switch not working.

PD-6ANS 3-way mechanical switch not working.

I am trying to use a PD-6ANS to replace and automate a regular 3-way switch WITHOUT the need to use a Pico. I followed the 2016 instructions page 28-30 from http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf . The PD-6ANS works, but the manual 3-way switch does NOT work after I followed the jumper modification on page 30 wear the yellow jumper is splicing the non-brass screw and both black wires together.

I have triple checked the wiring and can't figure out what is the cause of the problem with the manual 3-way switch. The manual 3-way switch is not able to turn off the lights in either rocker position.

What am I missing? Is there some programming step that I have to do? Is there an error or update to he 2016 Caseta Advanced instructions?

Thank you.

The instructions assume standard 3-way wiring where the power comes in on one end of the circuit and goes out to the light (switch leg) on the other. There is a technique where you have power and the switch leg are on the same end. This usually involves a white wire connected to the 3-way.

The Caseta switch will turn on/off whenever there is a change in voltage on the blue wire. You are using the 3-way as a contactor to add or remove the voltage. I would install the Caseta switch so it works by itself, then move to the other end and set up the 3-way.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The instructions assume standard 3-way wiring where the power comes in on one end of the circuit and goes out to the light (switch leg) on the other. There is a technique where you have power and the switch leg are on the same end. This usually involves a white wire connected to the 3-way.

The Caseta switch will turn on/off whenever there is a change in voltage on the blue wire. You are using the 3-way as a contactor to add or remove the voltage. I would install the Caseta switch so it works by itself, then move to the other end and set up the 3-way.
    Thanks Randy. Are you recommending that I swap the Location #1 and Location #2 locations?

Hi did you get this working? I’m having the same issue and feel pretty sure I wired this up right.

Thanks!

Did you figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltron4lyfe View Post
    Hi did you get this working? I�m having the same issue and feel pretty sure I wired this up right.

Thanks!