Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LMJ-C01-24-B with RadioRA2 Select

LMJ-C01-24-B with RadioRA2 Select

I wonder why Lutrion has not added power packs to RA2 Select. I need to integrate a garage door with a RA2 Select system and thought to use the LMJ-C01-24-B to trigger the garage door but is not seen by the app. Is anyway possible to use the power pack or some other option to achieve this function ?

Select is a retail product. It was mostly intended for users running into the 50 device limit. LMJ modules are advanced controls that are only available in RR2 Inclusive and HomeWorks QS.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

LMJ is for RR2 and Homeworks QS just the same as Maestro wireless and pico and shades which all use the same freq in transmission. Just because Select is retail which limits the number of devices should not limit which device as LMJ could be integrated even on Select, which is this case would be used to trigger a garage door.

I hate that Lutron is the best on the market when it comes to electrical devices but lacks big time when it comes to integration. Competing with Insteon on this instance not only integration but price point as well. Really frustrating!!!

Lutron will continue to suffer this problem- people with Caseta sometimes learn they really wanted Ra2, people with Ra2 sometimes learn they really wanted Homeworks. I'm a big advocate for Lutron releasing a license upgrade program so that people in this situation have the option to upgrade their investment instead of having to tear it out and start over.

It sounds like this situation is a job with Ra2 select that really wanted Ra2. The simple solution would be to add a regular Ra2 main repeater and a VCRX if there is only access to Ra2 Essentials software. If there is access to Ra2 Inclusive the LMJ could be used instead.

Lutron does have some of the best hardware on the market, once it's installed and activated it's pretty bulletproof.

- - - Updated - - -

Lutron will continue to suffer this problem- people with Caseta sometimes learn they really wanted Ra2, people with Ra2 sometimes learn they really wanted Homeworks. I'm a big advocate for Lutron releasing a license upgrade program so that people in this situation have the option to upgrade their investment instead of having to tear it out and start over.

It sounds like this situation is a job with Ra2 select that really wanted Ra2. The simple solution would be to add a regular Ra2 main repeater and a VCRX if there is only access to Ra2 Essentials software. If there is access to Ra2 Inclusive the LMJ could be used instead.

Lutron does have some of the best hardware on the market, once it's installed and activated it's pretty bulletproof.

This is my opinion and I do not work for Lutron.

I agree with most of what you said. Keep in mind Caseta was designed for the DIYer and is distributed through retail outlets. Some electrical distributors may sell them online but the LMJ/RMJ devices are not in the DIY category.

I do think Lutron would have been better served if they offered a new Caseta bridge that allowed users to go to 100 devices. I suspect that Lutron saw the 100 devices competing with RR2. They saw RA2 Select as a way to protect their RR2 dealers. I have issues with that strategy because RR2 products are now all over the web.

I disagree on Insteon. I've done 15 or so systems and it is an inferior system in every way.

Most dealers have been complaining to Lutron about the upgrade path for decades. I don't see it changing anytime in the near future.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com