Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wireless connection to Smart Bridge Pro

wireless connection to Smart Bridge Pro

to get better coverage I think i need to have the bridge positioned where I currently don't have cable back to router/switch. Is it possible to attach a dongle or wireless access point so as to allow more placement freedom?

Thanks

2. Likes saeed liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by hgmobile View Post
    to get better coverage I think i need to have the bridge positioned where I currently don't have cable back to router/switch. Is it possible to attach a dongle or wireless access point so as to allow more placement freedom?

Thanks
    Yes any WiFi bridge should work.

Quote Originally Posted by az1324 View Post
    Yes any WiFi bridge should work.
    it means no need network cable connect to smart bridge.please explain briefly.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by saeed View Post
    it means no need network cable connect to smart bridge.please explain briefly.
    saeed,

You will still need to connect an ethernet cable to the Smart Bridge from the WiFi bridge. Unfortunately, the Smart Bridge does not have a built in WiFi radio.

saeed, this, or similar from another manufacturer, will work -
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC...irport-express

I am considering purchasing the Caseta system, however, concerned about the stated "30 ft." range, and that the bridge may not reach in lower level. We have approx. 2000 sq.ft. home lower level and main and we would want to use the system throughout. I've read a post that refers to RR@ repeater and Elan g, but not familiar with those products. If any one has a similar situation, I would appreciate the input. Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by LorraineInSpain View Post
    I am considering purchasing the Caseta system, however, concerned about the stated "30 ft." range, and that the bridge may not reach in lower level. We have approx. 2000 sq.ft. home lower level and main and we would want to use the system throughout. I've read a post that refers to RR@ repeater and Elan g, but not familiar with those products. If any one has a similar situation, I would appreciate the input. Thanks!
    All of the Caseta dimmers/switches/shades/etc have to be within a 30 foot radius of the bridge, and there is no way to increase the RF coverage. We figure the area coverage to be about 2000 sqft. The Radio Ra2 system has the same requirements, but with that systm you can add additional auxiliary repeaters to expand the RF out to a total area coverage of 10,000 sqft.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    All of the Caseta dimmers/switches/shades/etc have to be within a 30 foot radius of the bridge, and there is no way to increase the RF coverage. We figure the area coverage to be about 2000 sqft. The Radio Ra2 system has the same requirements, but with that systm you can add additional auxiliary repeaters to expand the RF out to a total area coverage of 10,000 sqft.
    Thank you, this is very helpful

For what it's worth the 30' range is very conservative. In my new construction home I'm getting 50' with no issues, but your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    For what it's worth the 30' range is very conservative. In my new construction home I'm getting 50' with no issues, but your mileage may vary.
    Thank you for your input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast