Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Dim multiple devices (ie scenes) at arbitrary dim levels with Alexa

Dim multiple devices (ie scenes) at arbitrary dim levels with Alexa

I'm able to turn on/off scenes and dim devices with Alexa, but I can't figure out how to dim scenes with Alexa voice command. Is this possible?

For example, I have two lighting circuits ("kitchen cans" and "kitchen pendants" and I have them programmed in a scene called Kitchen. I want to be able to say to Alexa, "Alexa, dim Kitchen to 10 percent" and it should dim both "kitchen pendants" and "kitchen cans" to 10%.

Right now, I'm able to just dim individual devices with Alexa, as in, "Alexa, set kitchen cans to 20 percent". This works just fine.

Thank you!

Hello ElPatricio,
    You will need to create a scene that sets the kitchen to 10%. Here is a link to the app note on the topic for more information.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...2_and_HWQS.pdf

On Alexa, create a group with the dimmers. Name it different that any other devices and scenes on lutron. And thats all.
    go with "Alexa set (name) lights to 25%", or "Alexa set (name) to 25%".
    you can create scenes on alexa too, do Routines. but you have to do one for ON and other for OFF

SB

Quote Originally Posted by ElPatricio View Post
    I'm able to turn on/off scenes and dim devices with Alexa, but I can't figure out how to dim scenes with Alexa voice command. Is this possible?

For example, I have two lighting circuits ("kitchen cans" and "kitchen pendants" and I have them programmed in a scene called Kitchen. I want to be able to say to Alexa, "Alexa, dim Kitchen to 10 percent" and it should dim both "kitchen pendants" and "kitchen cans" to 10%.

Right now, I'm able to just dim individual devices with Alexa, as in, "Alexa, set kitchen cans to 20 percent". This works just fine.

Thank you!