Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MACL-153M with Eaton (Halo) RL4069S1EWHR LED Downlight

Question MACL-153M with Eaton (Halo) RL4069S1EWHR LED Downlight

I verified that the Eaton RL4069S1EWHR LED retrofit downlight was on the compatibility list for an MACL-153M prior to purchasing. Unfortunately this combination is intermittent at best. I tried this downlight in two different locations with two different dimmers (both MACL-153M) and had the same results. In one location the dimmer was a single location and the other was a 3-way with a compatible MA-R.

When turned on, the dim indicator lamps ("night mode") may light properly and when the dimmer is pressed the LED will light. At times when the LED is off, the indicator lamps on the dimmer will go out and blink very dimly and when this occurs the LED will not light regardless of which button (T, R, L) on the dimmer is used.

I have tried disabling the indicator lamp "night mode" via advanced programming but this did not have any impact: The LED would still not turn on.

Is this LED truly compatible?

Are there any other recommendations or suggestions?

I should also mention that I did already verify that line (power in) is to the black screw and the load is on the brass screw, after seeing the suggestion from 'randyc' several times in this forum.

I resemble that remark!

To test your wiring, put an incandescent (60 watt min) in. If it works, then you may need to adjust the high and/or low end trim. See lutron.com/macl for instructions.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

any luck with those bulbs working for the macl-153m? I just purchased both items, have yet to have my contractor install, i'm a little worried...

I had tested with an incandescent and with an already-known-compatible LED par lamp each for over a day and all was good.

When the dimmer becomes unresponsive (flashing dim indicators) it really is unresponsive and it is not possible to enter programming mode or advanced programming mode, nor is it possible to reset. Replacing with a good lamp I was able to reset the dimmer and adjusted both the high end down and low end up quite a bit, then replaced with the problematic downlight without any improvement.

Earlier today I returned the RL4069S1EWHR and instead replaced it with an LT4 series (also Halo) that I had used elsewhere with success. That downlight is indeed working with the MACL-153. I thought about trying a different model (non-selectable) from the RL4 series but chose to go with the LT4 rather than continue making trips to return a non-working part.

Thanks for the update. Do you have a model for the LT4 series you installed and said is working properly? Do they come in different Kelvin options?
    Thanks
    -Will

Hello LlByTheSea,

We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing! We have flagged this bulb on our tool and thank you for notifying us of this issue. When an LED manufacturer makes a design improvement/change to their product they do not need to contact dimming control manufacturers, nor change their model number. Unfortunately, we normally do not find out about a change to the LED product until customers inform us that the LED is not performing the way we stated on our website.

For our records what was the wattage and lumen of the Eaton RL4069S1EWHR?

Thank you,

Julia K.

Hi Julia, the Lumen is 600. It says on the bulb they are 7.6 watts
    Last edited by will13; 08-31-2018 at 04:57 PM. Reason: new ifno

Hello will13,

Thank you for this information!

Julia K.

Apologies for the late reply but yes the lamp was approximately 600 lumens at 7.6W, as the output varies depending on the color temperature selected. The product sheet is at http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...8298en-sss.pdf

The LT4 that I instead used with success are fixed color temperature, and around here anything other than 2700K and 5000K typically need to be ordered. That's not a big deal but for one or two fixtures is a little bit of a hassle. The spec sheet for these is http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...8065en-sss.pdf.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast