Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Conditional Schedules?

Conditional Schedules?

Just finished installing my dimmers throughout the house and set up all my schedules. Something I noticed that I'm frustrated by:
    I schedule a set of lights to come on around sunset. If I already have the lights on at a brighter level, the lights turn down.

My question: Is there a way to make my schedule conditional? Or, if it doesn't exist, Lutron, hear my suggestion! Even if it's just a checkbox that I can check on a schedule I'm programming that allows it to be ignored if it's set to a different setting already, that'd be amazing.

Thanks.

I typically don't use timers for inside lights. If I do, I keep the number of lights to the bare minimum and use standard levels. For ever 1 instance where a timed event makes sense there 167,248 instances where it doesn't.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I typically don't use timers for inside lights. If I do, I keep the number of lights to the bare minimum and use standard levels. For ever 1 instance where a timed event makes sense there 167,248 instances where it doesn't.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

My particular situation is this:
    I often come home after sunset and want the lights on either out of convenience or to make people think someone is home. Sometimes, I'll be home before the schedule turns on and will turn on the lights to make dinner or whatever. Then X amount of time later, the lights will dim on me because the schedule kicks in. In the days of high tech smart homes, I was hoping that there was a way for the Lutron to kind of know which situation I was in, for instance, if I have the lights turned up higher than the schedule dictates, then ignore the schedule.

But again, I see your point. If I'm more frustrated that they keep dimming more often than I'm happy they turned on, then I probably should just turn off the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    I beg to differ. I, as well as many customers, want certain lights to be on at night. Both for security (to make the house look occupied) and safety (to be able to see) reasons. Some customers do want the lights to be dimmed quite a bit late at night.

As to SpotlightRanger's question, as far as I know, there is no conditional schedule available in Caseta.