Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Is Lutron PowPak RMJ-5T-DV-B & LMJ-5T-DV-B interchangable?

Is Lutron PowPak RMJ-5T-DV-B & LMJ-5T-DV-B interchangable?

According to the software, LMJ-5T-DV-B is the RR2 compatible power pack for 0-10 volt dimming; however, I have a customer who has 3 mirror lights that I need to use this module with but for now, it's just a standalone/pico setup and he's ordering the RMJ-5T-DV-B.

If he decides to get RR2 for the rest of the house, can I use what he's getting or will he need to replace them? If not, is the RR2 version compatible with standalone picos?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    According to the software, LMJ-5T-DV-B is the RR2 compatible power pack for 0-10 volt dimming; however, I have a customer who has 3 mirror lights that I need to use this module with but for now, it's just a standalone/pico setup and he's ordering the RMJ-5T-DV-B.

If he decides to get RR2 for the rest of the house, can I use what he's getting or will he need to replace them? If not, is the RR2 version compatible with standalone picos?
    The RR2 version can be paired independently of the software however if you need to add it to a project you will need to factory default the powpak before you can add it. You cannot, however use the other powpak in RR2.

Thanks for the response. I guess for now we'll stick with the cheaper standalone power packs and see how it goes...if we end up getting the Ra2 job (somehow i doubt it),then we'd probably eat the cost to upgrade him or something.

it would be so great in situations like this to pay a link license or device license fee- kind of like the HWQS link license fee to use HWI gear in QS. The RF technology in both devices you list is the same, the software just won't activate the serial number on the RMJ because it knows it's not Ra2.
    We have a client with Ra2 we'd love to flip to HWQS to expand the system but it requires replacement of 60 dimmers. We'd happily pay for a link license to save the trouble and expense of swapping out all the dimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    it would be so great in situations like this to pay a link license or device license fee- kind of like the HWQS link license fee to use HWI gear in QS. The RF technology in both devices you list is the same, the software just won't activate the serial number on the RMJ because it knows it's not Ra2.
    We have a client with Ra2 we'd love to flip to HWQS to expand the system but it requires replacement of 60 dimmers. We'd happily pay for a link license to save the trouble and expense of swapping out all the dimmers.
    Even better is trying to explain to the customer that you need to replace their seeTouch keypads and Maestro dimmers with seeTouch keypads and Maestro dimmers that look exactly the same, perform the same function, AND there is a 25% premium for it. Most owners will understand that they have outgrown their processor but replacing dimmers and keypads with, from their perspective, no functional improvement is a no-sale.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan951 View Post
    It seems that I have similar query, did you get the solution for this?
    See post #2.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhilkanna.1234 View Post
    Can you please provide solution for my problem?
    Hello Nikki. As mentioned above in post 2, you can pair a LMJ-5T-DV-B to a Pico in stand alone mode. That will work. If you decide in the future to add them to a Ra2 system, that is fine and it will work. You will have to factory reset the devices before you can activate them into the system. There is also Model # RMJS-8T-DV-B that is a stand alone and Vive model. This one will also pair stand alone but will not activate into a Ra2 system. If you think you might be eventually upgrading to Ra2 from stand alone, you might consider the LMJ model. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan951 View Post
    Thanks Randyc, it helped!
    yeah it was really helpful
    bk experience my wm total rewards