Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PD-6ANS LED light doesn’t turn off completely

PD-6ANS LED light doesn’t turn off completely

I have a PD-6ANS in a single pole install with a GE LED that glows dimly when in the off position?

Is this a wiring issue, switch, or a LED Compatibility issue?

thx

Quote Originally Posted by Podlasek View Post
    I have a PD-6ANS in a single pole install with a GE LED that glows dimly when in the off position?

Is this a wiring issue, switch, or a LED Compatibility issue?

thx

The PD-6ANS has a min load of 10watts. If when turning off it is still on with a faint glow its usually due to a min load issue. What is the total wattage on the circuit? Is it just the 1 GE LED bulb? If memory serves they come with an additional component; the LUT-MLC. You may need to add this to your wiring to allow the light to turn off. Attached is a reference from the spec sheet about this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PD6ANS.PNG 
Views:	97 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	815

Quote Originally Posted by AustinB. View Post
    The PD-6ANS has a min load of 10watts. If when turning off it is still on with a faint glow its usually due to a min load issue. What is the total wattage on the circuit? Is it just the 1 GE LED bulb? If memory serves they come with an additional component; the LUT-MLC. You may need to add this to your wiring to allow the light to turn off. Attached is a reference from the spec sheet about this.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PD6ANS.PNG 
Views:	97 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	815
    I have the same isuues. Added this dimmer, single pole, for my 4 canned ceiling lights. 4 LED dimmable bulbs. When selected off, one bulb always stays dim on.

New construction home.

Same issue, and am not sure what products I have, since the electrician left me without documentation and can't even give me the correct model #. This is a wireless retrofit: 3 switches controlling a single hallway ceiling light. By poking around on the Lutron site, I've narrowed the possibilities to a Caseta wireless dimmer and two wall-installed Pico remotes. He never checked what kind of lamp was in the fixture (CFL). The CFL actually worked for a week or so, then flickered, flashed, died. I contacted electrician, who said, oh, yeah, CFLs won't work with dimmer switch; has to be LED. Fine. Went to Home D, got Cree LED lamp. Glows when I press any of the 3 switches off. Through Lutron compatibility tool, learned Cree not compatible. But incandescent works fine. Told all this to electrician, whose solution (read: work-around) was just use incandescent. My question: Do I have to settle for his incandescent "fix"? Or would a compatible LED likely solve the problem? (PS: I never even asked for, needed, or wanted a dimmer on the switches -- just to be able to turn light on and off from 3 locations.)

I solved my LED "ghosting" problem with the LUT-MLC which I bought for about $10.00 shipped on Ebay. Here's the thread where I discussed the problem.

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...Dimly-When-Off

Almost all of my indoor lighting is incandescent due to its better dimming performance. The LED lights, discussed in that thread, are the bulbs that came with some ceiling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry in TN View Post
    I solved my LED "ghosting" problem with the LUT-MLC which I bought for about $10.00 shipped on Ebay. Here's the thread where I discussed the problem.

https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...Dimly-When-Off

Almost all of my indoor lighting is incandescent due to its better dimming performance. The LED lights, discussed in that thread, are the bulbs that came with some ceiling fans.
    Thanks, Larry. So it looks like sticking with incandescent seems to make more sense than asking my electrician to try the LUT-MLC.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieL View Post
    Thanks, Larry. So it looks like sticking with incandescent seems to make more sense than asking my electrician to try the LUT-MLC.
    Which type of bulb do you prefer?

I prefer incandescent but a lot of people prefer LED. The LUT-MLC is cheap and easy to install if you want LED.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry in TN View Post
    Which type of bulb do you prefer?

I prefer incandescent but a lot of people prefer LED. The LUT-MLC is cheap and easy to install if you want LED.
    I prefer the light that an incandescent lamp gives off. The benefit of LED is that lamps last longer, but given how little time the hall light stays on, now that I really think about it, the easiest solution is to stick w/ incandescent.

So, as Emily Litella would say: "Never mind!"

(I don't know your age, but if the SNL character played by Gilda Radner was before your time, Google it for a YouTube or Hulu video.)

Yeah, I remember Radner and all of the original SNL cast.

The only places that I'm using LED is my outdoor lights (had been using CFL out there but slowly transitioning to LED as the CFLs fail) and these fan lights. Looked for fans that still used incandescent lights but they are getting harder to find. The LEDs are perfect for outside with their low power consumption and long life. Really prefer incandescent inside for their superior dimming performance.

The ghosting is the only problem I had with the Caseta system and the LUT-MLCs took care of it. Everything else has been rock solid. I'm up to 26 switches/modules and 18 pico remotes. Would be nice if the device limit was a bit over the current 50 but it was enough for my application.

Exclamation Same issue, but still dimming

The bulb that is on their list of approved bulbs was only going to a dim when I try turning it off. I tried the troubleshooting guide to set the dimming, and that didn't work. Then I found this forum, purchased the LUT-MLC, but that didn't change anything. I ready to return everything. Anything else I can try? I'm pretty frustrated now. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast