Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Setting the LED based off of a CCI Input

Setting the LED based off of a CCI Input

I'm having a bit of a problem wrapping my head around this one. We have a client that has and existing HWI-CCI-8 that we kept when we did a qs upgrade. Here is my situation....

We have a gate that is being controlled with a conditional on a double tap through an HWI-CCO-8. IF HWI-CCI-8 SENSOR CONNECTION 001 IS CLOSE THEN RUN OPEN GATE ACTION (momentary pulse CCO connection 1), ELSE RUN CLOSE GATE ACTION (momentary pulse CCO connection 2) END.
    There is nothing programmed for the press on or press off.

The homeowner wants the LED to be on when the gate is open and off when the gate is closed.

The easiest way would be a manual sequence, but I can't use a manual sequence because there is a control system that is also tied into the CCO to open and close the gate while using the LED feedback of the button to provide gate status feedback on the control system.

What is the best way to make this happen using CCI input one as the trigger for the LED on the keypad?

Create a phantom lighting zone called Gate Status (or what ever makes sense)
    Turn the light on as part of your open gate action, off in the close gate action.
    Assign the light to a room button and the button LED will indicate if the gate is open i.e. light is on.
    Change the button on/off to unaffected so if the button gets pressed, it will not change the LED status.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com