Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New owner to Homeworks QS system, how does it work?

New owner to Homeworks QS system, how does it work?

Hello, Ihave bought a house in Sweden with an existing Homeworks QS system and need somhelp to understand what I can do and how to control it. The former owner, Ibelieve he is a Lutron reseller, is not at all interested in helping.
    Searchingthe web I have understood that I cannot enter the system without having somesort of license so I downloaded the Lutron Connect app.
    I have no success with the app, it just circulates “connecting”. It asked foran IP address and I entered the info for our home WiFi but it does not connect.

Finally it asksme to be ready to press a button on the Bridge, do not know where to find it orif exists in the system.
    As I amsure you understand, I have very little knowledge but willing to learn.
    Please tell me what I should start with.

The Connect App is looking for the Connect Bridge. Not all systems have a Connect Bridge.

First you will need to create a free account at Lutron.com. When setting up the app you will need to press the button on the back of the connect bridge (a 3" square box connected to the network. It can be white or black). This will associate the bridge with your account via the app. The app itself is pretty intuitive.

I would go to lutron.com and click on the "where to buy" link. Look for the REP. They will be able to give you a primer on your system or direct you to a reputable dealer.

For some air fare I'd be glad to come over and help!
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks for your quick answer. If I do not find a Connect Bridge, is there any other way I can communicate with the system? By network cable?

Lutron Home Control+ is a previous generation of the app. There is talk about this app being pulled from distribution in favor of the Connect app. If it is available, it will connect directly to the processor with out the need for the Connect Bridge. HC+ has most of the features of Connect. Otherwise you are limited to the programming software which Lutron only provides to authorized dealers.

Lutron is a stand-up company. They will help you. I'm sure they would like to hear about the dealer that abandoned the system. Lutron's EU website lists 7 dealers in Sweden. It should only take 1-2 hours for a good dealer to review your system and give you a primer.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Thanks again, I will try the other app. (found one called Home+)

The company is called Integration Design ( www.interationdesign.se/vad-vi-gor/ljusstyrning/ ) but is not on the Swedish dealer list