Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Lights blinking when turned on using "Alexa Group" command

Lights blinking when turned on using "Alexa Group" command

I recently installed 3 Caseta wireless dimming switches in my kitchen and they all work perfectly individually. I created a group called "Kitchen Lights" and use Alexa to turn them on and off. It works perfectly turning the lights off but when I turn them on one of the 3 strings of lights will blink on and off until I turn that switch off then back on again. It's never the same switch that does this, it's a random thing and it does this about 80% of the time. I'm new at this and I'm guessing it could be something I did wrong either in the "Lutron" or "Alexa" app. Any suggestions on getting this working right?

It doesn't sound like a programming issue. I would check the wiring. Make sure one of the dimmers isn't feeding power to the other two. Also make sure there isn't a dimmer elsewhere in the circuit.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

3. Likes Chuck43 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck43 View Post
    I recently installed 3 Caseta wireless dimming switches in my kitchen and they all work perfectly individually. I created a group called "Kitchen Lights" and use Alexa to turn them on and off. It works perfectly turning the lights off but when I turn them on one of the 3 strings of lights will blink on and off until I turn that switch off then back on again. It's never the same switch that does this, it's a random thing and it does this about 80% of the time. I'm new at this and I'm guessing it could be something I did wrong either in the "Lutron" or "Alexa" app. Any suggestions on getting this working right?
    One of the weirder Ra2 problems I experienced was a 6NA dimmer that worked great when used directly but caused the lights to freak out when using a keypad button in another location to control the same load.

The 6NA dimmer was told to set it's phase control via auto mode- once I set the dimmer to the correct phase control this error went away.

If the Caseta dimmers are "NA" type (if they are adaptive) I would try following the instructions to set the phase correctly instead of leaving them in auto mode.