Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: How to setup RA2 with Main Repeater in newly purchased home w/ RA2 already installed

How to setup RA2 with Main Repeater in newly purchased home w/ RA2 already installed

I have just purchased a home that has Lutron RA2 with MainRepeater and switches installed and used by prior owner. How can I setup the system for my use with theLutron Home+ APP which I have downloaded? Are the prior homeowners settingsretained for my use?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Good Afternoon keithb, you will most likely need to work with a local programmer so they can edit the network settings of the Main Repeater in order to work with your local network. You can find dealers in your area by going to http://www.lutron.com/en-us/Pages/WT...buy.aspx?AID=1 and then select Radio Ra2 and enter your zip code to find the dealers in your area.

If the Main Repeater is set to DHCP, it will get it's IP address from your router, so you may be able to discover and connect the way it is, but every time the IP address changes you'll need to re-discover the system and then delete the old version from the app. If this works, I would still recommend working with a programmer to set a static IP address to the Main Repeater so you don't need to keep re-adding the system to your app.

3. Thanks keithb thanked for this post
    Is the network existing too? In regard to the IP I find it easier to just make a reservation in the router for your master. That way your master stays dhcp and if you ever need to change out network gear or switch subnets your master will always be on that subnet. The Home+ app support is also ending in September I think and will no longer be updated so comparability with future IOS revisions may be a problem. I would suggest getting a connect bridge and using the connect app.
    VAV
    Danbury, CT

Thanks for your comments. When I use the Lutron app I can find the previous homeowners "Discovered System". However I do not have the credentials to log into their account. If I can get their log in and password can I edit with my credentials so that I do not have to re-set up the system? I am not proficient enough to know how to make a reservation in the router as you suggested. Thanks