Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lutron Caseta Hub Firmware Update Issues

Lutron Caseta Hub Firmware Update Issues

Hi I have my whole house remodeled with Lutron Caseta switches and I started to activate the Lutron hub with my iphone app. The hub is connected to the wireless router through a switch. The iphone app gets me to the point where it asks to update the firmware on the hub and says it should take 8 to 15 minutes. After a long time it just says there is an error, check your connections and asks me to repeat the process. I have checked several times and the wiring seems to be ok. Any help would be appreciated. Cant seem to get past this step.

Thanks

Lutron Caseta Hub Firmware Update Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
    Hi I have my whole house remodeled with Lutron Caseta switches and I started to activate the Lutron hub with my iphone app. The hub is connected to the wireless router through a switch. The iphone app gets me to the point where it asks to update the firmware on the hub and says it should take 8 to 15 minutes. After a long time it just says there is an error, check your connections and asks me to repeat the process. I have checked several times and the wiring seems to be ok. Any help would be appreciated. Cant seem to get past this step.

Thanks
    I am having the same exact issue. I have tried unplugging power to bridge, as well as, restarting phone with no success. It recognizes the bridge and starts updating but then is perpetually stuck saying 8 to 15 minutes.

Try plugging the bridge directly into the router.

The modem needs to be in bridge mode. TWC/Spectrum is notorious for updating their modems and undoing bridge mode.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I too have exactly the same issue. My bridge is plugged directly into my Eero modem, but to no avail. It still will not update the firmware. Any suggestions?

Thanks

It both cases, the Lutron bridge can not see the internet. If you Lutron contact tech support, they can verify if their sever can see the Caseta Bridge.

Although it is called a modem, the Eero is a router. The Modem supplied by your ISP typically has a router as well. By putting the modem in bridge mode, you are disabling the routing features of the ISP modem. The ISP can typically do this remotely.

Computers and some other devices are able to work around the ISP Modem Bridge Mode. The Caseta Bridge can not.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com