Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Creating Scenes with RA2 and keypads

Creating Scenes with RA2 and keypads

Hi everyone, I might have missed this in part of the RA2 training as I did the first half or so several months ago then completed it the other day. I'm using the main repeater with a few dimmers and a keypad to test it, and so far things are working great and it's really easy to configure. I was wondering though about scenes and how they work. When I watched the training, it showed from what I recall that you select a keypad button under program, and then on the right you select what you want each light to do, after selecting the scene type from the drop down at the bottom.

What happens though if I have many lights included in this button, and want to have other buttons on other keypads do the same thing? Do I program the same config into each, or is it possible to create a scene instead, and assign that scene to the button instead?

With HomeSeer it seems like it created a bunch of scenes from the main repeater which seem to be the phantom buttons. I thought maybe you apply all your lighting presets to a phantom button and assign that button to a keypad button but that doesn't seem possible either. Thanks!

After you program the button, select one of the "shared" button types from the drop-down at the bottom. You will be prompted to name the scene or use an existing one. On the 2nd button, select one of the "shared" button types and a 2nd drop down will allow you to select the shared scene. This is also where you can edit the scene names.

There is a limitation when you use shared scenes. The owner will not be able to add/delete ones from this scene. They can adjust levels and, of course, adjustments apply to any button using the shared scene.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I don't have anything called shared in the drop down when I check? This is on the program tab where you pick the drop down to pick like Path of Light, Single/Multi-room scene etc? Spent about 5-10 minutes I can't find any mention of the word Share anywhere in the RA2 program?

Edit: Says it's for inclusive software only which I don't have. Weird this feature would be missing, kind of strange they expect you to create everything over and over manually. So if I have 3 keypads and the RA2 app, I need to make that same scene 4 times, and if I ever want to change it I have to change it 4 times. Very inefficient.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scene.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	802
    Yes, it should be in the dropdown where you select single room, etc.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by psychobunny View Post
    I don't have anything called shared in the drop down when I check? This is on the program tab where you pick the drop down to pick like Path of Light, Single/Multi-room scene etc? Spent about 5-10 minutes I can't find any mention of the word Share anywhere in the RA2 program?

Edit: Says it's for inclusive software only which I don't have. Weird this feature would be missing, kind of strange they expect you to create everything over and over manually. So if I have 3 keypads and the RA2 app, I need to make that same scene 4 times, and if I ever want to change it I have to change it 4 times. Very inefficient.
    Right click the button you are working on, and copy. You can then paste to any other button accept the phantoms on the main. Just be mindful of any changes you make and copy them again to all the "same" keypad buttons.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

You can manually copy and paste buttons - just right click on the buttons.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post tupojanuca.The RRD-6D dimmer can still be activated as any of the following: 6ND, 10D, & 10ND in the newer versions of the software.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scene.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	802
    Yes, it should be in the dropdown where you select single room, etc.
    This option is only available with Inclusive software, not Essentials.