Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LED Bulbs pulse at low dim levels - sometimes

LED Bulbs pulse at low dim levels - sometimes

I have an odd situation. I have a PD-6WCL controlling a series of wall sconces in my home theater. Each sconce has a 60W equivalent G.E. Reveal LED. When the device is controlling all eight bulbs, they flicker/pulse at any dim level below 70%. Above that dim level the pulse is hard to distinguish, and completely gone at 100%. If I unscrew even one bulb (doesn't matter which one, so it's not a bad bulb) so that the dimmer is only controlling seven bulbs the system works and dims down to 1% without issue. The total wattage of the eight bulbs is within the specs of the dimmer even with the derating, so it surprises me that the breaking point is the 8th bulb. Any ideas?

Is there any ripples in incoming voltage? Do you have constant supply or voltage drop during heavy usage?
    Editor at: Infogeekers

Voltage Issue

If you have managed to rectify the issue than do let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by rick789 View Post
    Is there any ripples in incoming voltage? Do you have constant supply or voltage drop during heavy usage?
    The incoming voltage is fairly constant. I also don't believe there is any voltage drop concerns. The cable lengths are not excessive. I am planning on trying one of the neutral-based dimmers but I haven't had a chance to.

Eengrms, with leds there are always problems, and with the CFL dimmers supposly specialy designed for leds much more problems, i think the problem coud be the total wattage of your lamps , incompattibility of the leds or a leackage current , try using a neutral dimmer , use the PD-10NXD, it has 1000 watts fot incandescent or 250 w for leds , and the important point, it that it has neutral , that acts like a current drain of the parasit currents, when installing also setup the low end and hi end limit of the dimmer i thik, this solve it, if not then connect a LUT-MLC lutron capacitor to the PD10 , it also can help !