Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Migration paths

Migration paths

Hi all -

As an advanced DIY person I've tentatively decided to move from a mix of Zwave and Caseta to all RA2. The Caseta aesthetics just don't work for our family and Zwave isn't fast/reliable enough. The hardest decision is to choose between Select and Essentials.

We have a SmartThings hub that does a lot of things well. We have Apple TVs that also do things well. We have Amazon Echo devices that do things well too. Select works with all 3, Essentials 2 of 3. And note that Select Picos can be programmed past native capability in SmartThings if one wants to run a Raspberry Pi server. But I also see some potential value to our use cases of keypads over Picos.

Cost is not a major issue. But the Lutron upgrade paths seem to be unnecessarily complicated and labor-intensive. I'd 100% rather pay for an environment upgrade than have to take out all Caseta dimmers at 1 time to replace with all Maestro dimmers.

Does anyone have any wisdom WRT similar upgrade paths?

Thanks!

Both are good systems, pros and contras: if you like to doit your selfs , caseta is designed for the final customer set up , radiora not, radio ra is a more coverage area range than caseta and a better system , but incredibility lutron is developing more options an capabilities in caseta than radiora , even homeworks, like , siri, geo fencing , alexa , harmony control , partners, and others , where in big systems is not possible or need expensive accesories to doit .

To answer my own question, I think the answer is a Hubitat hub. It has full Caseta, RA2 Select, and Radio RA2 integration. One can keep Caseta SmartBridge Pro running at the same time as a RA2 Select or Radio RA2 system. It's also a good way to integrate Lutron with other home automation technologies.