Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cant Discover new system with connect app

Cant Discover new system with connect app

L2 installer. just did a new system and came back to change some timeclock items. went to use guest access on the connect app on my iphone and it just kept spinning saying discovering. Tried on another co workers phone and it did same thing except it also said firmware updating. cannot discover system. Yes dhcp sudisabled on both main repeater and connect bridge. Tried 2 different connect bridges as well. And yes on same wifi. Any help?

Yea. Wait a day or two. That's what worked for me

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE View Post
    Yea. Wait a day or two. That's what worked for me
    Yea just got back to the client store today, 24 hours after initial issue. Waiting it out appeared to work, however during the discovering phase for guest access, it appeared to take a little while longer for some reason.

I have no idea what the issue was and apparently Lutron doesn't either. Called 3 different times to speak to 3 different techs and they all told me it was a networking issue. I tried asking them if there is some sort of lock out period on system discovery with the connect bridge because I had done it a few times earlier in the morning to keep checking things and they told me no.

I also noticed that when I was having this issue yesterday that I could get my phone to control the system through the old home control + app with out the remote access. So is that because the home control + app works through wifi just with the main repeater and not the connect bridge? or do you still need a connect bridge for it? Just curious.

Tech told me to take the main and connect of the switch and go direct into the router. I did move it but not to the router just a switch that was closer to the router.
    There is defiantly a delay on the connect. Just installed one yesterday. no install problems but the delay was really evident.
    Connect is cloud based. Home control+ is local based. Not sure if connect is always cloud based. Would like to know more Obviously it can't be in guest mode.