Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: What if Caseta is discontinued or EOL

What if Caseta is discontinued or EOL

I am completely bought into the idea of Lutron Caseta and love how easy it is to install use and integrate but lately I started to worry about the long run.

If Lutron discontinues Caseta, my smart home will become not-so-smart pretty quickly.

What is the plan for the long run, how does Lutron plan of keeping the technology alive so we don't have to re-invest every 5-10 years?

Thanks in advance!

I don't have any insider information and Lutron keeps future plans secret until the last minute. However, based on my conversations, I wouldn't be surprised to see Caseta as the go-to dimmer, replacing Diva, Skylark, et. al.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I can feel where OP is coming from though. They've been pretty obviously ignoring the system for a while, and RA2 Select is concerning wrt Caseta's future.

There's a lot that could be improved just from software updates, but none have come.

Quote Originally Posted by julianm View Post
    I can feel where OP is coming from though. They've been pretty obviously ignoring the system for a while, and RA2 Select is concerning wrt Caseta's future.

There's a lot that could be improved just from software updates, but none have come.
    My electrical wholesaler starting stocking Caseta this week. This large distributor would not be investing millions in Caseta inventory if there was a chance of Lutron ending it's production.

The problem for me is the Caseta interface. I'm sure Lutron put it in front of focus groups but I HATE IT. I hate it almost as much as the Carolina blue installation instructions.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    The problem for me is the Caseta interface. I'm sure Lutron put it in front of focus groups but I HATE IT. I hate it almost as much as the Carolina blue installation instructions.
    You must be a Duke fan?
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols