Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Is there any way to connect my Grafik Eye 3106 and Honeywell Vista 20 Tuxedo panel?

Question Is there any way to connect my Grafik Eye 3106 and Honeywell Vista 20 Tuxedo panel?

I built my house 4 years ago and I bought 4 Grafik Eye 3106 for my living room, family home, bedroom and dinning room. I recently installed a Honeywell Vista 20 with Tuxedo panel. I read the product brouche, it is able to connect 2 systems using RR2 or RS232. I'd like to get some advices if I can connect them via RF, RS232 or WIFI without upgrading the Grafik Eye 3106 to QS version. I also accept to install gateways between 2 systems.
    Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Unfortunately, the GRX-3000 units cannot be connected via RF, RS232 or Wifi together from the Honeywell Panel. Without an Illumination processor, you would need to control these GRXs from the panel via contact closures. If the Honeywell panel can send contact closures, you can use the GRX-IO to program different scenes on the GRX-3000 unit. Please see the GRX-IO guide in the link below.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/grx-io.pdf

Thanks for your info. Can I buy one new Grafik Eye 3106 QS and connect it to the old GRX-3000 switches and RR2?

Back to your suggestion, can one GRX-IO can control 4 standalone GRX-3000?

Kindly Regards

You can buy new Grafik Eye QS units and program them all into a RadioRa2 system, but they would not be able to communicate with the GRX-3106 units you have. As for the GRX-IO, you can have only 1 if you would only need it to call the same scene number on all the GRX units. If you would need individual scene control, you would need a GRX-IO per GRX-3000.

Can someone share the Lutron upgrade programme? I am living in Hong Kong. Thanks

For information on Lutron upgrade programs, you would need to contact your customer service representatives in Hong Kong. They will be able to provide you with the latest information on update programs available to you.