Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Cannot establish Telent using Digi One SP with QS

Cannot establish Telent using Digi One SP with QS

I am unable to establish a Telnet session with the QS processor over RS232 using the Digi One SP.

I have followed all the instructions in the Lutron RS232 Integration Guide and successfully receive the prompt to enter my login. However once I do I do not receive any additional prompt to enter the password. I have confirmed the telnet is operational because I can access it over IP without any issues. I have also used two different terminal programs (Putty and an old version of Vantage Tester) with the same results.

I have to be missing something extremely basic but I just can't seem to find it and I have been at a standstill for weeks. Lutron says it is Digi One and Digi One says it is Lutron. I am hoping someone who has successfully established this connection could help.

Thanks in advance!

Hello PaulK,
    Thank you for your post.
    Which scenario are you working on as per the app note?
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ntegration.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello PaulK,
    Thank you for your post.
    Which scenario are you working on as per the app note?
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ntegration.pdf
    Hi Blair.

I am using Scenario 3. My intent is to receive button presses from the QS system (~DEVICE 1,2,3).

I have also tested Scenario 4 and and sending custom RAW RS232 commands using Scenario 2 without a Telnet set up and that works with out any issues. Unfortunately though this is not the communication that I need.

Hello PaulK,
    I'd like to understand more about the problem.
    Can you send a detailed explanation of what you want to accomplish and what is not working for you to hwsupport@lutron.com? Please include a support file as well if possible. If not a copy of the database would be fine.

was this resolved? I am having issues with the Digi One as well and any info may help. Thanks.