Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: retrofitting Lutron motors into existing roller shades - Roller64

retrofitting Lutron motors into existing roller shades - Roller64

Hi All,

I have a client with many windows that are already fitted with clutch operated, manual sheerweave roller shades. He is having work done for a home automation system and wants to retrofit the existing tubes with Sivoia QS wireless motors. The a/v people are running all the wires etc,
    My only question is, assuming the existing tubes are the correct diameter (1 5/8" for a roller 64), can I purchase motors and retrofit his existing shade? Will i need any adapters or connectors? Any advice from the experts out there would be appreciated.

Thank, Stephen

I'm going to say no.

1. The only overlapping tube sizes are roller 100/150 and V24 (all have 2.5" aluminum tube options).
    2. Because the mechanisms are different I don't believe you can take a manual operator out and replace it with a motorized one.

There was some discussion about this a few years ago. Lutron said no because they felt if you ever installed manual shades the owner would adapt and never upgrade to motorized.

You may want to call lutron and double check. They may have a retro product that I am not aware of.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by StephenP View Post
    Hi All,

I have a client with many windows that are already fitted with clutch operated, manual sheerweave roller shades. He is having work done for a home automation system and wants to retrofit the existing tubes with Sivoia QS wireless motors. The a/v people are running all the wires etc,
    My only question is, assuming the existing tubes are the correct diameter (1 5/8" for a roller 64), can I purchase motors and retrofit his existing shade? Will i need any adapters or connectors? Any advice from the experts out there would be appreciated.

Thank, Stephen
    Pretty certain the answer is no. That said, a custom workroom could help with specifying replacement R64 roller shades in the correct width with 1 foot of vinyl on them so you can order what you need from Lutron and have the workroom hang the fabric on the manual shades onto the new R64 tubes after removing the vinyl. It's a pretty simple process.