Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: "Cannot Connect to the System", is what I get from Home Control+ App from iPhone.

"Cannot Connect to the System", is what I get from Home Control+ App from iPhone.

"Cannot Connect to the System", is what I get when I launch the Home Control+ App from iPhone or iPad.

Everything was working perfectly until last night. I have made no changes to the router or the Internet system. No storms in the area at the time of failure.

I am able to successfully access thermostats, cameras, alarm system etc. with zero problems. ONLY the Home Control+ App Will not collect connect to my HomeWorks QS system.

I can control the lights using the "Lutron Connect" app (that I HATE), but not with the beautiful, well-written, 5-Star, Lutron Home Control+ app (that I LOVE).

All of my iOS devices are running the latest Lutron version 9.12. They ALL give me "Cannot Connect to the System". I am using the latest iOS.

To attempt a fix, I have rebooted my iPhones and iPads, rebooted the router and network switch all with no joy.

Suggestions appreciated.

Just guessing here... is it possible that the HQS processor got a new IP address? If HC+ may be looking for a specific IP address where Connect may be using your Lutron account info to find the processor.
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614

Hello randyc,

Thank you for helping.

I have this problem about every 6 to 9 months. Usually, some kind of a re-boot solves the problem. But it (almost) always happens when I am out of town. My router and ethernet switch are on a UPS with a backup generator, (so they never lose power). However, the Lutron processor is on the backup generator, but not on a UPS.

The Lutron processor is on a dedicated breaker. So I had someone go to the house and power cycle that breaker. This restored functionality to the iPhone Home Control+ app.

To reduce to future reduce problems, I'm thinking about installing a SurgeX SA-82 Flatpak Surge Eliminator, and a true sine wave UPS for the Lutron processor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4. Likes randyc liked this post
    We always give the processor a static IP address. This prevents the issue you are describing as well as the dreaded "conflicting IP address."
    LED, Incorporated
    Raleigh, NC 27614

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    We always give the processor a static IP address. This prevents the issue you are describing as well as the dreaded "conflicting IP address."
    This may have already been done. I will check this when I return from my trip.

Thanks again for helping. You are valuable to Lutron customers, and an asset to all humanity!!

I was facing the same issue then i read your thread it is helpful

I have the same problem. 😔
    Whenever I have to travel because of my work and not being able to do anything to fix the problem remotely bothered me a lot.

This kind of thing happens time to time, then either I can’t see my cameras or lights or thermostat etc. so I thought of doing something about it. I also wanted to share it with you. I would like to know whether this would apply to you.

Whenever I had this issue at home, I simply restarted my router then all was good. Yet, when I’m away from home, I needed an electric outage to restart my internet and so everything at home, to go back to normal.

So I thought of ways to somehow restart my internet router remotely. And found this link:

https://youtu.be/io_sHaElbXs

And this:

https://m.wikihow.com/Reboot-a-DSL-Modem-Remotely

Hope this would works for all of us...
    I know it is not a permanent solution but at least we can do something about it instead of worrying.

What do you think?

Thank you so much...