Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error 869 while attempting to extract file from Main Repeater

Error 869 while attempting to extract file from Main Repeater

I am a long time user of Lutron Radio RA2 hardware. I recently successfully obtained Radio Ra2 Essentials software through the web based training. I do this not to wedge out my installer, but rather to be able to do simple fixes, edits and in this case add two switches into my system.
    I have v. 11.60.0 of Radio RA2 I do not know the firmware version of the Main repeater. I do know that the installer would provide updates during his visits. The last time he was here working on the Lutron side was in late 2016.
    When I select "extract project files" from the tools menu, the Main repeater is found and extraction begins. In all attempts, initially wifi, and then Cat 5 into the router, after 25 seconds or so of wheels spinning an error window pops up announcing (869) : There was a problem creating a DBProvider with the following parameters: StoredProcedureName:

I use Norton Internet Security, and windows defender is shut off. I have checked that the software has all inbound and outbound permissions. I am not sure of what else to check.
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit. The SQL additions from Microsoft were successfully installed with the Essentials installation.

Extraction works best if you can use the same software version that is currently on the main repeater. You can enter the IP address of the repeater in a browser and find the current revision.

The ability to extract was added to version 6.0.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Error 869

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    Extraction works best if you can use the same software version that is currently on the main repeater. You can enter the IP address of the repeater in a browser and find the current revision.

The ability to extract was added to version 6.0.
    I did as suggested and see in the Device IP a line labeled “CODEVER” with 10.6.0 in the box. Is that the firmware version of the repeater?

Your suggestion is to get the essentials software v 10.6.0? I think I have read that essentials can read out the project file as of v10?

Documentation I have seen suggests that while attempting cross version extractions that the Lutron site would be assessed to translate. It suggested this would slow down the extraction, but not cause it to fail.

That is the theory. I find it works best if you use the exact version.

If the original program is Inclusive, you can not extract with Essentials.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I agree with Randy. Works best with same version or at least a close version in the same birth month.
    ie 10.6 or 10.7

That's why I know a few of us keep older versions downloaded. Not installed necessarily but ready to go if needed.

I’m running into the same issue. Did you find a resolution by any chance?

I have the same issue with the exact same Microsoft .NET framework error message with one add twist. I inherited my Lutron system/main repeater with the purchase of our house. I have called around to several Lutron dealers to find out who may have installed the system but with no luck. I have no way of knowing what IP Address may have been use for the main repeater and because of the error message I can't even access the main repeater to configure a static IP Address. In the end all I'm really wanting to do is update the firmware on the main repeater.
    Thanks for listening and any help would be much appreciated!

There are several scanner apps available, such as Fing for iOS or Android, which can scan your network and tell you the active IPs and usually enough info to determine the IP of the repeater. Give this a try.

MisterC,
    Thanks so much for the great advice and the scary part is I already had Fing and Net Analyzer on my iPhone and iPad. Both apps would let me see that the number of device was on my network had increased by one however nether would actually show the device, strange. One very important thing that I failed to mention is when I do connect the main repeater to my home network is I get the

"M" LED green and blinks orange every 4 seconds
    Meaning:

• The Main Repeater cannot resolve the Remote Access server's IP address. The Main Repeater is not communicating to the Remote Access server.

Possible cause:

• The Main Repeater is not connected to the local network or is connected to a network without Internet access.
    • The residence is experience an Internet outage.
    • The "Default Gateway" and/or "Preferred DNS Server" are incorrectly set on the Main Repeater.

Remedy:

1. Verify the Main Repeater is connected to the local network with Internet access.
    2. Verify the site's Internet connectivity by using a computer to browse the web on the same network as the Main Repeater.
    3. Connect to the Main Repeater and open "Find Main Repeater" within the RadioRA 2 software. Click the "Show Advanced" link.
    4. Verify the "Gateway Address" and "Preferred DNS Server" are correct. Typically, these will be the IP address of the router on-site.
    5. If the issue persists, contact remoteaccess@lutron.com for assistance

My problem is how do I connect to correct the Network Settings if I can't get it on my network?
    So, I'm going to see if the Network Working department in my office can access the main repeater and set the Network setting so that it will be able to talk to my home network. If that doesn't work then I will give Lutron Customer Support a call.
    This is a lot of hoops to jump through just to update the Firmware on the main repeater. I don't understand why this should be so difficult, I can create Apps for the iPhone and iPad but can't simply upgrade the Firmware on my main repeater.

Again thanks for your help!

Here are some possibilities:

1. the previous homeowner's Lutron rep configured the IP as static, and your network is now configured with a different network range.

2. You've changed your LAN topology such that any DHCP server you have can no longer provide IPs to the repeater via DHCP.

Detecting which of these cases isn't too difficult, but might be beyond your comfort zone (but your Network Working department can do these). See below:

(1) can be detected by connecting the repeater directly to one of your computers, and running something like Wireshark, looking for DHCP allocation requests. If you cannot do that, admins often use the same private network ranges, such as 192.168.n.xxx (where n is 0, 1, or 2), and 10.0.0.xxx. You could directly connect the device to your computer with a manual network address on this same network (for your computer, pick a sufficiently improbable number for xxx, that likely wouldn't collide with the the repeater's - try two different xxx values, such as 237 or 222). Then, scan that network.

(2) can be detected by the presence of the DHCP allocation requests, or connecting the repeater directly to a router that is providing DHCP, and connect your computer directly to that router also If there is a DHCP server directly connected, the repeater should get an IP.

The problem is difficult because you inherited an IP network device that was configured to work in one environment, but IP devices can be configured such that they will not work in some other environment. This is the nature of IP, and the product relies on an IP connection for this form of administration. It's likely one reason why Lutron doesn't want homeowners doing this form of support, and relies on technically knowledgeable reps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast